06 Z71 4wd Traction Active

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmor357706

Reaction score
Need a little help with my traction control. My light is coming on when I am on dry pavement. The tires are not slipping. Humming noise in front of steering column. Vehicle loses power! This only happens when I am at low speeds, 1st gear. I have had it into the dealer and they can not replicate the issue. It happens often and I am concerned about losing power in the middle of a busy intersection.

Anyone have knowledge on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Amber

Reaction score
06 Z71 Traction Active

Hi
Did you find out what this problem is? My 06 Z71 Tahoe is doing the exact same thing. I have an appointment at the dealer but would like to find more info on the issue. Since it recently went out of warranty I really don't want them to look at it for hours only to tell me they could not find the problem.

Thanks,
Deb

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your tire pressures are even. Otherwise one wheel will rotate at a slightly different speed and the computer senses that as slippage and kicks in traction control. Probably not the problem but easy to check and eliminate.

jmor357706

Reaction score
Z71-

If I recall...it was a left front hub or...wheel hub sensor..The repair did take care of the problem....it was under waranty at the time. Good luck

Amber

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. We had a speed sensor go on an 05 Silverado which caused the ABS brakes to come on when they shouldn't. It makes sense that the Stabilitrak will be effected by this too.

The speed sensor was an easy fix so hopefuly that is my issue.