07 LTZ Cupholder Bezel --- Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WingsAA

Reaction score
Okay, I've been messing with this for a while. I have an 07 Suburban LTZ and it has the open bezel with the removable cup holder. I have been wanting to replace it with the wood grain bezel that has the two doors that pivot open. I could never figure out what the p/n was to get. As it turns out my sister bought an 08 LTZ that had the bezel with the doors. I took it out and got the p/n number off it and placed my order. I got it and the thing doesn't fit properly. It's a smidge too wide on the corners to install flush. Our vehicles are identical except for mine is 07 LTZ and her 08 LTZ.

For those of you that have replaced this what have you run into???
I'm stumped!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have totake out the WHOLE tray and not just that little cupholder. It has two nuts that face the engine compartment that you can access through the little plastis peices to the right of the acceleration pedal and to the left of the passenger side legspace.

WingsAA

Reaction score
I took out the entire stock bezel tray not just the cup holder. The only thing holding the tray in the console are the retaining clips which are identical on the new bezel with the doors. Both pieces are VERY close to the same size. The only place it doesn't quite fit is on the corners... talking millimeters.

Here are pics of the two pieces....

fffe_1.jpg

625.jpg

625A.jpg

625B.jpg

WingsAA

Reaction score
Sounds like a job for a Dremel Moto-tool.

It's looking more and more like that. What's got me puzzled is that the one I tested from my sister's 08 LTZ fit perfectly IIRC. I actually got the p/n from her's. Guess I need to double check one last time before breaking out the Dremel

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dremel it, that would be the best option I think!:yesnod:

preston

Reaction score
Try testing your sisters again and if hers fit perfect in yours then try the new one in her vehicle and see how it fits. If your lucky maybe hers will fit good in yours and the new one will fit good in hers. Don't know why it would work but its worth a shot before you bust the dremel out.

WingsAA

Reaction score
Try testing your sisters again and if hers fit perfect in yours then try the new one in her vehicle and see how it fits. If your lucky maybe hers will fit good in yours and the new one will fit good in hers. Don't know why it would work but its worth a shot before you bust the dremel out.

That's my plan for now. Who knows. I hit it with the dremel on the back sides to test before hitting the wood grain section. But yeah... I'm not doing any more until I get to test fit the other one again. Just seems odd.