07 Tahoe Daytime Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsted2

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the daytime running lights to go off when you put the vehicle in park? My 05 silveraldo did this but it seems that the ones on my Tahoe stay on all the time during the day. Is there a way to reprogram these to only come on when you shift out of park?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I imagine there is a way you could add a relay or something (I have no idea how); but for now, if they bother you, you can disable them completely. Pull fuses 30 and 32 from the fuse box under the hood. I did this on my Denali because the H13 bulb wiring assembly was turning on my HIDs because of the integrated DRL in that bulb (not too good for expensive HID bulb life)...

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easy way to do it is to twist the headlight knob counterclockwise to "Off" and release. The DRL's will turn off and remain off regardless of whether in gear or not. My 2000 Impala also did what you're describing.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easy way to do it is to twist the headlight knob counterclockwise to "Off" and release. The DRL's will turn off and remain off regardless of whether in gear or not. My 2000 Impala also did what you're describing.

Will that turn off the auto hdlmp feature till restart?