07 yukon denali in mountains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gorec

Reaction score
Hello to all you TAHOE & YUKON people out there
I'm new in this forum..glad to be part of it,
have a question, if any of you guys (or ladies) tried a yukon denali in mountains? how about the AWD system?
does it downshift when going down-hill?
any info will be greatly appreciated..thanx in advance>
PEACE & LOVE>.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Hello to all you TAHOE & YUKON people out there
I'm new in this forum..glad to be part of it,
have a question, if any of you guys (or ladies) tried a yukon denali in mountains? how about the AWD system?
does it downshift when going down-hill?
any info will be greatly appreciated..thanx in advance>
PEACE & LOVE>.

Well it is not a Volvo, so I'm betting 100% no you would need to do that you're self.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does volvo do that by its self, but i have been through the west Va mountains, like wheeling and other places through the shanandowa, with a 6000 pound boat and i got to 3 and tow haul and im fine the entire way, temp stays stedly at 210-220. still have a nice passing power, (not that i would but i can stay at a nice 65-70 and be fine. i have the smaller 5.3, the 6.2 would be awsome in the mountians. i have never taken the denali outside of va or southern nc so im not sure really.

gorec

Reaction score
thanx to Lap top Gamer & Rollin Thunder,
any body went to the mountains with 07,08 yukon Denali?
please give a feed-back,
thank you,
PEACE & LOVE>

fmfrm250

Reaction score
Just took my 07 Denali to Laguna Beach from Kingman Arizona. SO I went up and down many hills as well as up and down a few 5k foot elevations and back down. No shifting issues what so ever. Did not struggle a bit. Being the first road trip with only 1k miles on it I must say it reminded me of my trailblazer SS but more safe like a BMW. I was really impressed. Please feel free to ask me any specific questions.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hilly terrain around here causes me no issues with shifting or anything. Seems to operate just fine. I haven't been up to Skyline Drive with it yet (or over the mountains on route 211 to Luray, which would be fun), and I hope to do that in the spring...

gorec

Reaction score
Just took my 07 Denali to Laguna Beach from Kingman Arizona. SO I went up and down many hills as well as up and down a few 5k foot elevations and back down. No shifting issues what so ever. Did not struggle a bit. Being the first road trip with only 1k miles on it I must say it reminded me of my trailblazer SS but more safe like a BMW. I was really impressed. Please feel free to ask me any specific questions.
fmfrm, did you have to use manual shifting ,or just the D ?
how about going down-hill? did you have to use the manual shift to lower gears , or the car does it by itself?
what's the stabilitrak thing ? .thank you for your post.
PEACE & LOVE >

frankthetank

Reaction score
gorec, I am currently living in Boulder, CO and have taken my 07 yukon in the the Rockies, and sad to say I had to down shift manually to prevent from running over people. This was the case in terrain from 6% to 15% grade.

gorec

Reaction score
gorec, I am currently living in Boulder, CO and have taken my 07 yukon in the the Rockies, and sad to say I had to down shift manually to prevent from running over people. This was the case in terrain from 6% to 15% grade.
frankthetank..
You CO,ROKIES people who i was looking for to answer these questions...great..
was going downhill a bit scary?.is it true that the denali senses the braking and selects the right gear to downshift?
how about going up??did you just use the D without manual shifting? engine /tranny heat up ??
thanks for your answers, in advance..
PEACE & LOVE>

gorec

Reaction score
GRADE BRAKING!!in the GM manual!!

Hello all,
next to the tow/haul subject in the owners manual ,i came
across a feature called "grade braking"
it says simply ,that the system will monitor the speed ,throttle,brakes,and then it will command downshifts
until your brakes are no longer pressed!! .then says:'while in DSC mode,grade braking is DEactivated,allowing the driver to select a gear".
now what's the DSC they mean here? is it the range selection mode?.
this grade braking can be activated using the button on the end of the shift control stick. any one can clear the picture,?please do.
PEACE & LOVE>