'08 Radio in an '03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moorefie

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I would need to to to install a Delphi readio from a 2007/08 Tahoe in my 2003? The lights are burned out on some of my radio buttons and I see locals selling new radios for $100 or so as they move to aftermarket. Thanks for any advice!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be able to, I'm pretty sure you can, but why not jsut go aftermarket?

moorefie

Reaction score
Just trying to save a few bucks and avoid the hassle. The other option I have been looking at is a Kenwood Navigation DNX5120, but I am concerned about the interface modules for the steering wheel buttons and the door chimes, etc. Not concerned about my ability to install it, just the potential "flakiness" of having an aftermarket with two off-board gizmos. Also, of course, looking to save a buck!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
08 radios incorporate GM's LAN serial bus system while the 03-06 uses ClassII. Won't work properly.

bjack78

Reaction score
I also have the same question. I have a 2007 factory radio and own a 2004 Z71. Is there a way to make these work together?