08 Suburban LTZ 4X4 "demo" VS 07 Yukon XL SLT 4X2 "new"

which one??

• 08 surburban Demo

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • 07 yukon xl NEW.

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am i still welcome here?? i missed yall and really need your help.

I know this is mostly opinions. But what do you guys think? Me being stupid and never satisfied since im ready to buy a yukon this week went to just "look" at a chevy dealer just to see if there was anything that cought my eye, well there was. They were closed and I was happy since I just wanted to scope it out. Found this GEORGUS Summit White Suburban, Demo loaded with power fold seats, nav , tv, power lift gate, power running boards, power seats, power this power that, lets just say LOADED, white on grey int. Plus its a 4X4, not that im just dying to take it offroad. But i like knowing i can. This one is a Demo, it has I think 8k miles on it but discounted, im not sure how much, but i think it had a sticker of like 58k, im gunna call tommarrow and find out the price being a demo, so that may be my decider. But this is LOADED and its an 08, i like that.

Also what I was origionally just ready to buy and signing the dotted line this week is an 07 NEW yukon with only 200 miles on it (test drives, been on the lot for a while) but with less stuff. I will tell you what it does NOT have since thats easier, it DOES NOT have, power fold seats, power liftgate, tv (but i would add), rain sense wipers, 4X4, heated rear seats.

So what do you guys think? Its down to these two.

I like the styling of the suburban better, but the yukon "feels" bigger and has captains chairs in all three rows, makeing for a more comfortable ride for all passengers.

The suburban has everything I could ever want, and even stuff i have never heard of that i think IS AWSOME. I want the suburban more, but still like the yukon. Both because its NEW and its an awsome deal. If the suburban is more than 45k im gunna stick to the yukon, but if its not then i have a hard decision to make.

IF i had the cash, i should buy both, lift the suburban, make it an offroad monstor, and lower the yukon, put some 24" rims, etc. then have best of both worlds. :lol:

This is where i need you guys.
Thanks a whole bunch, new truck are not easy, since there is so much out there:thumbsup:

Last edited:

misonido

Reaction score
That is a tough decision. First look at the obvious things, Suburban since its 4x4 will have 5.3L V8 and 4 speed 3.73 gears, Yukon XL is Rwd and can possibly have 4.8L with 4 speed and maybe 4.10 gears if you're lucky. Which V8 engine would you prefer and not regret having later? Definitely test drive both more then the 10 miles a normal dealer test drive. If they have the same sized engine, look at 4x4 vs RWD pros and cons (emphasize on the gearing of each.) Its your money, you have to love it enough to pay for it!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a tough decision. First look at the obvious things, Suburban since its 4x4 will have 5.3L V8 and 4 speed 3.73 gears, Yukon XL is Rwd and can possibly have 4.8L with 4 speed and maybe 4.10 gears if you're lucky. Which V8 engine would you prefer and not regret having later? Definitely test drive both more then the 10 miles a normal dealer test drive. If they have the same sized engine, look at 4x4 vs RWD pros and cons (emphasize on the gearing of each.) Its your money, you have to love it enough to pay for it!

yukon xl, no matter what trim, or drive train will always have 5.3, or the ugraded 6.0. both suburban and yukon xl have 3.73, which i wish they had 4.10 as i love them on my 06, but its not a deal breaker and i could always regear.

so they both have a 5.3.

i called the dealer that had the 08 demo, has a sticker of 55,080 and has 7k miles on it, only going down to 50k. the dealer that has the 07 yukon, has only like 250 miles on it is selling it to me for 35k with headrest Tv's. i dont know if its worth 15 thousand to have power folding seats, power lift gate, and power running boards. all that stuff is just gunna break oneday.

right now i think im just gunna finanize the yukon and run, its such an awsome truck as it it. but part of me feels that if i dont get the loaded one i will never be happy with it, but the yukon im buying still has more stuff than my 06, so in reality im still getting more, and since i have never had the stuff on the new ones i will not miss it. but i have a refundable 500 dollar deposit on the yukon and have first right of refusal until friday, then i either buy it, or walk. im gunna call the dealer i bought my 06 from and see what he has got on the lots just to check. he gave me a great deal on this one and a great deal on my 99 trade in, since im the only owner of this truck and he sold it to me, i wonder if that might help my dealings.

Last edited:

misonido

Reaction score
If you're not going to be happy then keep searching! There are plenty of trucks out there to buy, with gas at record high prices they are not flying out the showroom door. Don't limit to your local dealers either, if you can save $10K+ buying further away then its worth it to make the drive. Do your research of inventories new and used online... you'll find the exact truck you are looking for.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GET THE YUKON. Honestly, I would never buy a demo. It just lacks that new car-ness about it. And you dont know how those dealer people have been driving that car. And you should have learned something with your current yukon......all that stuff WILL break. Now.....I still say you need a 3/4 ton because they have the more durable transmission in them.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GET THE YUKON. Honestly, I would never buy a demo. It just lacks that new car-ness about it. And you dont know how those dealer people have been driving that car. And you should have learned something with your current yukon......all that stuff WILL break. Now.....I still say you need a 3/4 ton because they have the more durable transmission in them.

no, im gunna buy a clunker sierra or silvy 3500 this summer (like an 02 or somthing)

the new one will be my strait, DD, and traveling car, nothing else. gunna lift it for fun, but never take it offroad:D

sdoo25

Reaction score
By your sig it looks like you've gone with the Yukon. A tidbit on the nav if you didn't know is that with the 07, you get 2 nav disc updates free on or around your 1st and 2nd purchase date anniversary. GM did away with the free updates on the 2008. I think the website is gmnavdisc.com where you can register and get info.

Enjoy!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By your sig it looks like you've gone with the Yukon. A tidbit on the nav if you didn't know is that with the 07, you get 2 nav disc updates free on or around your 1st and 2nd purchase date anniversary. GM did away with the free updates on the 2008. I think the website is gmnavdisc.com where you can register and get info.

Enjoy!

my 06 had that. yes i went with the 07. brand new, had everything i could ever want, ready to go, finilize end of the week. im excited.

thanks for yalls input. :D

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like the sub more then buy that.
I wouldn't buy one of these beasts without the powerliftgate, I thought it was a waste of money but now I wouldn't be without it.
You should be able to get that sub for less than $45,000, I'd bet a new loaded one could be had for close to that nowadays.
Go online and let the dealers send offers to you via email, it will give you a good idea of where prices are. That is the way I bought my truck. It's a good place to start.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Burban. I bought a demo and have had no problems at ALL with it. Plus, it is FULLY loaded like you say the Burban is and I got it at a great price!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the suburban. The front of the new Yukons just look like a mini van to me.

i thought so at first, but its kinda grown on me.

called the dealer with the demo, i can tell their not gunna come off much on it. hear is why.

each dealer here got one tahoe hybrid for every 50 tahoes sold last year. they have 3 of them on their lots. if they sold 150 taheos last year, they feel confident that if i dont buy it, the next guy will, so their not very willing to deal as much as the GMC dealer. so even though its a demo with almost 8k miles on it, the dealer said the rebates were better than the demo discounts and i should look at a new one, i dont like how the chevy dealers are here anyway, we bought the corvette in illinois because of that, our dealer there was a hell of alot better than the ones here. which is vice versa to illinois.

the service department is also nicer at GMC, plus the gmc dealer is 5 min away, while the chevy is 30 min. im just giving reasons why i went with the GMC. plus i am really partile to GMC, my last 3 trucks have been GMC. i know their both really the same, but its just kinda me, i felt that i was gunna be happier with a NEW gmc with less bells and buttons, that i got a KILLER deal on, then a chevy that i dont like the dealer, and not getting as good of deal as i should.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got the one you want and made a good deal. By your sig and history, you'll likely add a few horses to it. Do you plan to lift it or level it?

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new truck put on hold AGAIN!!!!

just got a call from mom and my father is in the ER again. his left leg is like 4 times the size and the pain is like a cramp that will never go away. im on my way to the hospital right now, was about to leave with a bud to go pick up the yukon from the shop, then off to the dealer to talk turkey, looks like that will be later. :(

thanks for all your input guys. if i loose this yukon it was not the one i was supposed to buy.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully all is okay with your father. If you have a deposit or anything on it, the Yukon should be NO problem...really, it's already sat THIS long as an '07 in the summer of '08, and being that trucks in general are dead, very unlikely anyone will even wink at it.

So, here's to both things working out well!

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and good choice with the Yukon if all works out.

Seems like it's the perfect colors you had wanted and even more so (I think) leaving off the few options it does like power liftgate and such, all as a 2007 for a smoking deal.

Even better? 2wd--a favorite of mine. You live in the coastal VA area, and as this isn't going to go off-road, zero need or even use for 4wd and having to drag around the extra transfer case, axles, electronics, etc. everyday when not using it. I wouldn't even lift it, just change out the wheels and call it a day with a stunning, comfortable, daily driver.

Is it an SLT-1 (sans seat heat, memory, and some power features) or an SLT-2? Looking online...I see a gold one at Hall that's an SLT-1, which sounds like the one, maybe.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and good choice with the Yukon if all works out.

Seems like it's the perfect colors you had wanted and even more so (I think) leaving off the few options it does like power liftgate and such, all as a 2007 for a smoking deal.

Even better? 2wd--a favorite of mine. You live in the coastal VA area, and as this isn't going to go off-road, zero need or even use for 4wd and having to drag around the extra transfer case, axles, electronics, etc. everyday when not using it. I wouldn't even lift it, just change out the wheels and call it a day with a stunning, comfortable, daily driver.

Is it an SLT-1 (sans seat heat, memory, and some power features) or an SLT-2? Looking online...I see a gold one at Hall that's an SLT-1, which sounds like the one, maybe.

halls sight says a denali is a base model. and a 53k yukon is an sle. its a 2, but was built with out some options, right on the sticker it says SLT2 but produced without what ever else was standard. atleast thats what the dealer said, as it has memory seats, heated seats, sunroof, nav, power seats. so thats part of the deal. as much as i use my 4wd on the 06, i dont think i will EVER use a new one as hard as i used thisone, i mean last week i was ripping trees out with it, as well as shifting to 4wdLO and then to 1 and pulling 20 year old trees out. worked, but i could tell its not good. but the wanted 4k to get rid of it, i got it out in 1 hour for a tank of gas. :lol:

but im very happy with it and made an appointment today with Michael (my dealer dude) on saturday to take my 06 in, have them evaluate it, then talk turkey and if everything works out i will take the new one home (or a loaner if they wanna be nice and add my headrest tvs right then.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds good.

I see "the one" on their site. It's odd that the GM site lists a similar gold/tan '07 Yukon XL SLT-1 at their place as well, when it apparently isn't, for $45,775. Then again, there's often "flubs" like this regarding inventory.

Either way, sounds good, and definitely the right one--hope all, in every way, works out.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds good.

I see "the one" on their site. It's odd that the GM site lists a similar gold/tan '07 Yukon XL SLT-1 at their place as well, when it apparently isn't, for $45,775. Then again, there's often "flubs" like this regarding inventory.

Either way, sounds good, and definitely the right one--hope all, in every way, works out.

the one i bought has a sticker of 49,995 discounted to 36k then 2k for loyalty, and 2k in some other discount. i got it for 35k with headrest tvs installed. :D