08 Tahoe - GM Mud Flaps Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kathy's Toy

Reaction score
We picked up our Tahoe back in April. At that time we ordered some GM Mud Flaps. I installed them a short time later.

Over the weekend, we noticed where they are form fitted against the painted areas, they have rubbed through the paint, down to the bare metal on the front fenders. We stopped in at the selling Dealer, who is seeking a fix.

Has anyone else have this issue??

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really? care to post pictures...i was thinking of getting some of the gm ones but now maybe not

did the rears rub through also?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try some 3M body film. It's clear and you can get it at most auto body supply stores. Same stuff as "clear bra" paint protector film.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the clear plastic tape (available Cabela's) Put it on mine can't see and protects the paint.

:iagree:
3M Clear Tape that is used to protect against rock chips and used for clear bra is the best solution to correct the problem. I have installed this on a Tahoe before installing the mud guards and it has prevented any wear on the paint, Cabela's has this product available. GM should include this as part of the kit.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where can you get the clear tape? getting ready to pull the trigger on the flaps myself.

Kathy's Toy

Reaction score
08 Tahoe - GM Mud Flaps Issue

Sounds like the clear protector tape is the solution to this problem:yesnod:. Wish I put some on prior to installing the flaps. I agree, should be included with the mud flaps.

My selling Dealer don't have a body shop on site, so they contract it out. They stated they may choose to repaint the entire front fenders :mad: Will see if they are going to stand behind this and fix it.

Thanks for the replies!!

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck, and pics?
i really would like the gm flaps too..