120VAC to DC battery charger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm partial to Schumacher's line of Speed Chargers. Their built-in processor senses battery status, adjusts charge rates and diagnoses problems. It will charge and maintain 12V marine, automotive or deep cycle flooded, AGM, or sealed gel batteries. This is state of the art battery charging. Charging rates depend on the model selected. I own the the SC-6000 which features 2, 10,and 30 amps, plus a 60 amp engine start setting. A digital readout indicates battery voltage, or percent of charge capacity while a small fan cools the circuitry. Speed Charger features are nearly identical for all models. What differs is the charge rates. Highly recommended.

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it jump the car or do you have to charge overnight?

Will it jump a 2007 Chevy Tahoe or do you need to charge the battery overnight?

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 30 amp charging rate, you can sufficiently charge the battery enough in a hour to start the engine. I tried the 60 amp start mode, but wasn't enough to crank the V-8 enough to light it up.

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks...

At 30 amp charging rate, you can sufficiently charge the battery enough in a hour to start the engine. I tried the 60 amp start mode, but wasn't enough to crank the V-8 enough to light it up.

SO with the smart charger, it will automatically select the maximum charge rate that the battery can accept (upt to the chargers max charge rate of 30amp) without having to push any buttons, etc.?

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You set the initial charging rate, it knows when to ramp the rate down and float the battery.