17" stock to 20" help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anson

Reaction score
So I got these wheels from a guy in my neighborhood he took it off his tahoe. its 20" wheels, and I got them for $100. I was excited to put them on my 01 tahoe, but decided to do some research first. Found out that upgrading your wheel size can affect your car in a lot of bad ways. Wear & tear on parts like balljoint, transmission, differentials ect. Also affect your acceleration, and brake stopping. For all you guy out there who have experience in wheel upgrades, is this true? Is going from 17" to 20" a big deal? If I wanted to put these wheels on, is there steps I will have to take for e.g. reprogram my tahoe computer so it knows I have bigger wheels?

ccapehart1017

Reaction score
just make sure the tires are balanced you shouldnt have to do anything
i went to 20s on mine didnt do a thing any adjustments in braking speed ometer is usally automatically adjusted by the onboard computer it will learn any adjustments in a few drive cycles