1998 Tahoe Randomly Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy sh*t you could pull down a small building! what rear diff locker did you use? I got a 3.73 and I'm new to Posi Units. My transmission is shot becuase the guy I bought it from plowed with it.

Firefighter6112

Reaction score
Eaton Electronic ELocker Differentials is the company i got mine from. it goes for about $900 but u can pick them up for around 600 or so. its pretty sad when i can keep up with a WS6 TransAm off the line and down the road.

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad. they offered me 660$ for the whole thing. Damn, all you did was replace ur rear end and a bit of engine work, and ur beating these cars that are suppose 2 b fast, and r bought to be fast...fun stuff.

Budreau68

Reaction score
I used to have an 88 Jeep Cherokee. It would try to stall out at speed at random times but usually when driving over bumps. Turns out the TDC (Top Dead Center) sensor, a little sensor that tells the ECM where the cam is, went bad. Well, sort of went bad. The wiring harness was routed near the exhaust manifold by Jeep, the plastic had burned off the wiring, when I hit a bump the wrong way it would essentially ground out the wire and the engine wouldn't know where TDC was and would stall. The TDC is one of the only sensors that generates an electric signal (TDC, O2, alternator,...?) and that smallest ground out would effect it, greatly.

I have no idea if GM has incorporated anything like this, but if they did, it could be the source of an at speed random stutter/stall. If nothing else, it helps to check wiring not just connections and fuel pressures. Sometimes things just get burnt.

BTW, the Jeep is gone and the Yukon sits in it's place now.