1999 tahoe 3rd row seat???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerfguy

Reaction score
Was this an option on the older models? I have access to a third row seat With hardware from a 1997 suburban & would like to know if there factory mounting holes already in my tahoe

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no!! you will have to buy the brakets . seen them on ebay i think for $ 120.00
then you have to cut in the floor and they need to be welded in. couple of people
on this forum has done this 3rd seat.

gerfguy

Reaction score
Thanks!

I think I'll pass on the seat then, My Hoe is in to good of condition to start cutting up!

gerfguy

Reaction score
Thanks flyboy1304, thats a great option! My Tahoe is in near mint original condition & the last thing I wanted to do was cut & weld!I like that the company said it would match the factory interior to make it look stock.

flyboy1304

Reaction score
yep i just found that website a few hours before i found this website. and i think i'm gonna trade my civic for a nice lifted yukon. but it doesnt have third row seats so i'd rather pay the 1000 for a nice SAFE third row seat. Does your rear bench seat fold down? like forward? thanks.

gerfguy

Reaction score
Yes, as far as I know it does, although I have never tried. I just bought it resently because of my expanding family, thats why I was looking into the third row seat.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up Flyboy1304, gerfguy!

I hear what you guys are saying as far as wanting to keep your Tahoe's in good order. I to was also looking into the 3rd row seats from little passengers but I decided to do a little more foot work. I found a 3rd Row seat from a 99 suburban with matching cloth and got for $350 from my local auto recycling yard. The only change on the 3rd row was having to go lap seat belts because in the Burban the shoulder seat belts were mounted on the roof, so I went throu www.gotbelts.com and found what I needed. The mounting brackets I got from ebay for a little over $80 with S&H. I will admit I was a little skechy on cutting up my tahoe but measuring 3 times and only cutting once, spending a little over $500 and 6 hours of labor, it was well worth it!

Check out my pics in the gallery!

Last edited:

gerfguy

Reaction score
class D

do you have any picks of the brackets mounted in your Hoe after they were welded in ? I guess the Burban shoulder belts can't be mounted on the roof of the Hoe either?

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry gerfguy, I dont have any pics of the brackets in place. I will say that there no "pockets" to be popped out for the brackets to be mounted so measuring multiple times was worth the effort in wanting to avoid a crooked install. I am very pleased with the results of the 3rd row in my cab.

As far as the seat belt from the suburban mounted on the roof, there was just no way for to get those mounted into my roof. I settled for the lap seat belts from the link provided in my last post in this thread. The Center lap seat belt was already there so all I had to do was install/bolt down the new lap seat belts on existing bolts on the 3rd row seat and I was good to go. They even matched the color of the seat already so that just worked out even better!

gerfguy

Reaction score
Class D

As far as getting the mounts for the third row seat, did you say you got them from ebay? If so, do you just type in tahoe third row seat mounts? With the third row seat out, do the mounts look finished like the factory or can you tell that it's an aftermarket install? By the way the pic's you posted look great & looks factory just the way I want it to look!

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Ebay search engine I typed in "Chevy Suburban 3rd Row Seat", from there it will pull up whatever Suburbans, 3rd Row Seats and Mounting Brackets are up for auction. The Brackets I got from the seller ROKUCREATION.

As far as looks go, with the 3rd row out you can see I got sloppy on the cutting of the carpet with the 2 holes closest to the lift gate. I aint gonna lie, after 6 hours on the sun measuring and cutting I just wanted to put everything back together, put the seat in and call it a day! when I bought my Tahoe it had a big floor mat in the cab that matched the interior, So if I ever decided to pull the 3rd row out I could simply roll out the floor mat to cover up the holes and use my cab space.

I'm glad you like the pics. I've read that other's have done this project to there Tahoe but hadent seen any pictures. I hope these pics provide a general idea of what to expect when looking into this Mod. I will also add that with remaining space behind the 3rd Row I do have enough space for a stroller and other misc stuff I like to have handy in the truck.

gerfguy

Reaction score
Class D

Do the directions give you the measurements of exactly where the brackets should be mounted?

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Directions? For this Mod your gonna have to decide how far away you want your 3rd row from the rear seats. There was not any instructions included with the mounting brackets but I knew I wanted my 3rd row at least 13" away from the rear seats to give my little ones some kind of leg space and still have some kind of cargo space.

Because I got mine out of a 99' suburban, the bottom of the seat had four "hooks", 2 of which have a locking mechanism. After removing some of the plastic peices to pull forward the carpet and expose the floor I saw that it wasnt going to be as easy as I thought it was because the floor was just like the bed of a silverado, it had little dips. The mounting brackets are something like 6x8 plates that have a 1x3 slot with a pin in the slot for the hooks to secure in place. A Large amount of the install time was used here to measure and make sure that the brackets were in place for the seat to be mounted exactly where I wanted it to be in the cab.

gerfguy

Reaction score
96 tahoenj,

I do live in NJ! Paramus area, but my Hoe has gray leather. I have access to a burban with gray leather & will find out labor day if the third row seat is still available but I might be interested in one or two other pieces if I can't get them off the for mentioned burban. Where are you located? the pic's say Majka! are you related to Majka railing????

96tahoenj

Reaction score
96 tahoenj,

I do live in NJ! Paramus area, but my Hoe has gray leather. I have access to a burban with gray leather & will find out labor day if the third row seat is still available but I might be interested in one or two other pieces if I can't get them off the for mentioned burban. Where are you located? the pic's say Majka! are you related to Majka railing????

My bad i read this wrong i do not have the third row seat i have the second row seat im really sorry yes fred majka is my father i am bryan majka wrecked the 96 tahoe you can have whatever parts you want off it let me know who are you

gerfguy

Reaction score
My name is Gary, I used to work for Neil Luce at J&J auto. I used to go racing with him & he was good friends with I guess your uncle Kieth Majka (92 racing) which I got to know well eventhough it's been a good ten years since I've seen him! probably Neils funeral was the last time. Did your dad run in the 358 class? I think I've met your dad Fred acouple of times also. My email is [email protected] if that is easier.

Thanks,
Gary G

96tahoenj

Reaction score
My name is Gary, I used to work for Neil Luce at J&J auto. I used to go racing with him & he was good friends with I guess your uncle Kieth Majka (92 racing) which I got to know well eventhough it's been a good ten years since I've seen him! probably Neils funeral was the last time. Did your dad run in the 358 class? I think I've met your dad Fred acouple of times also. My email is [email protected] if that is easier.

Thanks,
Gary G

sent you email give me a call