2-way Remote Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently got a 2-way remote and have two questions.

1. I noticed that if you lock with the old remote and then query status w/ the 2-way, it shows it still unlocked. Is that normal?

2. Have not been able to figure out how to display the time. Manual says some models don't but fails to say which ones those are. I've got remote start and power liftgate. Anyone know if that one doesn't have the time function.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) I think if you lock the doors manually, or with another remote, the 2 way remote will only update by pushing the right button twice. Going from memory, but I think thats the case.

2) I don't think that the time will show up on it. I don't have the rear lift gate, but no time on mine either.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tpole is right with number 1.

But the clock issue. I have a clock, but never got it set right. Dont understand it. Instructons do not work what so ever on how to set it.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I swore I had a clock when I picked up my truck (on a Thursday) That Sunday, (3 days later) was the time change. I changed the time in the truck, and since then, I haven't had a clock on the remote.

It'd be interesting to find out the issue to this.

RT - What do you mean you never got it to set right? Does it show the wrong time?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I swore I had a clock when I picked up my truck (on a Thursday) That Sunday, (3 days later) was the time change. I changed the time in the truck, and since then, I haven't had a clock on the remote.

It'd be interesting to find out the issue to this.

RT - What do you mean you never got it to set right? Does it show the wrong time?

it shows completly the wrong time. I tried what it said in the manual for the 2way and sincing it, but no good. Also the button for my liftgate does not work. I dont use it enough to worry, but just putting that out there as that may be my issue. This is my second 2way for the truck as well

rahrens

Reaction score
I don't have power liftgate but do have the clock. I changed the battery recently and the clock was not displaying correct time. I was planning to check the manual to figure out how to reset, but forgot about it until I read this post. Between a watch and a cell phone, I don't think of my remote for the time. I just picked up my remote to see if I could set time and it was displaying the correct time. Manual says it will sychronize itself during normal operation and it did.

rahrens

Reaction score
No liftgate but I do have factory power start. The only time the clock is not displayed is when viewing tire pressure or odometer.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like maybe if you have power liftgate and remote start, then no clock. Will check w/ service.