20" LTZ Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airmugsy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just traded in my 06 Tahoe for an 09 LT. It's 4wheel drive. I just bought a set of the 20" polished alum. wheels off ebay, from an 08' LTZ. Does it make a difference if the wheels came off a 2wd or 4wd? or do the 20" wheels fit both styles? Thanks in advance!

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you didn't have 20's on before then you will need the dealer to program the truck for the 20's. It has something to do with the speedometer.

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock 20 wheel and tire combo and the stock 17 wheel and tire combo are exactly the same overall size. Nothing needs to be reprogramed at all.

airmugsy

Reaction score
The stock 20 wheel and tire combo and the stock 17 wheel and tire combo are exactly the same overall size. Nothing needs to be reprogramed at all.

I just realized that as well (w/ help from a tire guy).. Thanks for the help

Smokeybear

Reaction score
does anybody know how to reprogram the tire sensors (air) or do u have to go to the dealer for that?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about reprogramming the wheel position for the TPMS or reprogramming for a wheel diameter change?

You can do the former (see owner's manual). The latter will require either a trip to the dealer or the use of a programmer such as SuperChips or Edge.

TahoeJo

Reaction score
does anybody know how to reprogram the tire sensors (air) or do u have to go to the dealer for that?

Turn your ignition to key on engine off (where all the dash lights come on), then push and hold the lock and unlock buttons on your key fob until you hear the horn honk twice. When it honks twice this means its in tpm learn mode. Next starting at the LF (driver's front) you need to add or remove air to that tire until you hear a single horn beep. then move to the RF add/remove air til horn beeps, RR add/remove air til horn beeps and LR add/remove air til horn beeps. After the last single horn beep at the LR tire you will hear a double horn beep to let you know the sensors have been learned.