2002 tahoe stereo problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tken

Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 tahoe z71. Long story short I hated the stereo the previous owner had put in it. Today I went to put a different stereo in and after I pulled the old one out I see the previous owner had run different wires to only the front speakers to make them work. I took out all there wiring and hooked up all the stock wiring. I then tried to hook up the new stereo and there is no sound. Is there a stock amp that has to be jumped (if so where is it located). Any ideas or info on this would be much appreciated.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it does have one it would be under the center consle between the 2 front seats but if you just have a stowage compartment between the 2 front seats it doesnt have one.. the difference is that the stowage compartment folds up and turns your front seat into a bench seatand the center compartment is stationary keeping your 2 front seats Captian seats

2001TahoeLS

Reaction score
If you have Onstar on your Tahoe then there is a second wire harness that connects to the original head unit, just hanging in the dash right now and not connected to the aftermarket stereo. Find that and connect the pink wire on the harness to the either the power control wire or the antenna control wire on your aftermarket stereo. This will power "on" your stock amplifier located in the center console.