2003 Tahoe issues - Need help/suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljacobsc21

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had suggestions about a couple issues I'm having with my 2003 Tahoe. Two separate issues, but wondering if they could be related.

First, the dinging bell when you open the door and have the keys in the ignition sounds like it's shorting out (sounds like Morse code rather than the regular and consistent dinging that it used to have). This issue started a few months ago.

Now during the last month I have had issues with the Tahoe not starting consistently. It does not happen often, but when it does it takes 6-20 tries to start. What happens is when I turn the key the Tahoe does not start and there is absolutely no noise, clicking, grinding or anything. I keep trying to start it again with no noises at all, but eventually it does start.

I have a new battery I bought a few months ago and it has not been drained down at all, so I know it is not the battery.

Anyone ever have these issues or have suggestions as to what the problems may be? :help:

tsench

Reaction score
sound like your bcm about to crap out
What happens is when I turn the key the Tahoe does not start and there is absolutely no noise, clicking, grinding or anything.

your security light on?

ljacobsc21

Reaction score
I don't know much about cars, so what is a bcm? Also, it seems to only do this when the vehicle is cold and has been sitting for a day or two.

What security light do you mean? I have an after market alarm system, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

ljacobsc21

Reaction score
Another issue that has cropped up in the last few weeks is that my heating/a-c fan does not circulate air in position 2. I can't feel any air movement through the heating vents in position 2 and barely any air movement in position 1. Blows really good in positions 3, 4 and 5 though.

deucebig86

Reaction score
sounds like your ignition switch is going bad mine is starting to do this on my 96 silverado and also one went out a few months agoon our 01 impala. the blower motor could be shorting out... they are ran by a ground wire and usually when they do weird things on different settings like that, the ground is loosing contact