2004 Driveshaft yoke leaking trans fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twobad

Reaction score
I had a rebuilt transmission put on the Tahoe in May, 2104 by the local Chevy dealership. Have 89,000 miles and 8 months or so left on the warranty. Don't drive the vehicle much...at all. 11 thousand miles since May, 2014. I now know I need to drive it more... Noticed fluid leaking from in front of the u joint. Dealer says there is a hole in the yoke and wants $450 to replace it. "It's not a part of the transmission..." I've read online that there is a weep hole for pressure relief. Also there is a shaft seal that can get nicked and allow fluid to leak. The transmission fluid HAS to be coming from the transmission. Is the dealer telling me the truth that a "hole in the yoke" is responsible for the leak. Are they trying to rip me off or am I being unreasonable?
Thanks,
-=T=-
I found this on the interwebs http://www.73-87.com/7387garage/drivetrain/yokeleak.htm

Last edited:

punkdevito

Reaction score
Yes some yokes have a weep hole. Mine do not. Some people just put a dab of sealent over hole and call it a day.

Shaft seals are easy to replace

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk