2004 swap barn door to hatch, can it be done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B_BODY_1

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe with barn doors. Is there any write ups on how to do it and what is needed?

I can easily get all the parts I need from a junk yard.
My guess is the below list
hatch
hinges with bolts
rear top plastic pieces that near the hinges
harness--but wonder how much different it is in the headliner and is 00-06 the same or do I need a door that is a 03-06?
Rear wiper control and washer pump with hose front to rear -- is there a harnes in the dash already?
shocks with mounts

I hope there is someone who has done this so it can same me time

Thanks

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

I have no idea, you would think so, but it may not just be a matter of removing hinges on the sides and adding them to the top. But consider this a free bump back to the top of the active posts.

B_BODY_1

Reaction score
Thanks
It is possible I looked at an 05 and there is a lot of work to be done, not a bolt on deal. All of the body work matches hatch to barn doors. I haven't had the time to check out the wiring that I know will be an issue. Hopefully someone on here has done it before and can provide more info.
The hinges do have a welded support bracket.
I don't think that this will be a huge project. But it's NOT one to do a swap with another truck LOL. Unless if your really bored and a body guy.