2005 or 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97tahoe

Reaction score
So I have a 97 Tahoe with 200,000+ miles and although I am keeping it I am planning on buying an '05 or '06 soon.

My question is the two appear to be relatively the same but have any of you found and major issues with one over the other?? Any recommendations or "if I had to do it again I'd......."

Thanks for any advice!!

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm basically the same thing, 2005's have different antennas then the 06's. Other than that I can't find anything different...if I had to do it again I would have bought a Denali 6.0

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only differences I have noticed is on the 2006 models there is no "CHEVROLET" badge on the back just the Tahoe badge on the liftgate, the antenna, and on the instrument cluser, the gears are not digital like they were on the previous models.

Just find one that you like everything about, I always regretted getting a navy blue instead of black 2004 and getting a 2WD instead of a 4x4 Z71.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i had to do it again I would have gone strait from my 99 to an 07, but I bought an 06 new and went to an 07 a year and a half later. But other than that i likes the 06. great features. nice fit and finish, good power. I loved it. Only reason i sold it was for a 100k warrenty. :D