2006 Z71 Roof Rack Rear Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4mranch

Reaction score
We own a 2006 Z71 Tahoe and I have been wondering if anyone has added rear facing lights to the roof rack. On the two rear supports there are round circles that look like a perfect location to install some lights.

If this has not been attempted, can anyone give any advice on if there is even space available at those location for this mod?

I apologize if this topic has been dicussed previously, but my search for data on this issue came up empty.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOABLE YES, BUT IT DEPENDS ON HOW CLEAN YOU WANT IT TO LOOK AND HOW MUCH TIME YOU WILLING TO SPEND RUNNING WIRES. fOR THOSE TYPE OF LIGHTS YOU COULD PROBABLY TAP INTO THE CIG LIGHTER/ POWER SUPPLY IN YOUR 3RD ROW SEAT AREA AND RUN THE WIRES THROUGH THE PANEL UP INTO THE REAR MOUNT FOR THE ROOF RACK. BORE OUT THE HOLE JUST SLIGHTLY PUT A CONDUIT ON THE WIRES WETHER IT BE A RUBBER HOSE OR PLASTIC.. SILICONE THE **** OUT OF IT. THIS INCLUDES REMOVING YOUR SEATS, INT COVER, HEADLINER, REMOVING YOUR ROOF RACK ( OR LOOSENING IT ALL THE WAY, AND A LOT OF PATIENCE. NOW SECURING THE LIGHTS WOULD DEPEND ON THE STYLE OF LIGHT (MOUNT TYPE) BUT A SIMPLE CLAMP STYLE WOULD DO. HOPE THIS HELPS

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of boring a hole you could just remove one of the studs.. Find a rubber grommet that fits with the wires in it and silicone the **** out of it.

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But, you also have to think where you want the switch. You might have to run the wires from the dash.