2007 PPV Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07TahoePPV

Reaction score
Hi just pickedup my PPV Tahoe. I've read that the 07 2wd didn't come with a tow package.

That said I've seen 07 Tahoe PPV's out there with the factory tow hitch on them. I just picked up a hitch from an 08 and going to try and install it next week by replacing the existing bumper support.

Has anyone done this before and any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Babalu

Reaction score
How did it go? I want to do the same for my 2010 PPV but cant find an aftermarket hitch for a 2010 online. I know it says that the 2wd is not designed for towing but trailer is only a few thousand pounds.

domdeerhunter

Reaction score
I'm picking my 07 Tahoe PPV next week. I haven't looked behind the center bumper plate to see if their is a hitch. If not go to Car-part.com and search for a used bumper support for the LT or LTZ. You'll have to remove the bumper cover and install the new support with the hitch. I don't want the aftermarket hitch sitting below my bumper.

Spanky

Reaction score
has anyone actually done this? I have a 2012 PPV and want to put the hitch on...wondering what I need to get for wiring.

domdeerhunter

Reaction score
Tow hitch

I removed the bumper cover and replaced my standard bumper reinforcement hitch the factory hitch. Aftermarket hitches mount under the bumper and look horrible. The factory wiring plug is taped up on the harness. If you get a used reinforcement, your gonna have to swap over your spare tire key lock. My duty 07 patrol tahoe came with the factory tow package. The vehicle comes with an engine oil cooler, just add the transmission cooler and your set.

Spanky

Reaction score
thanks! that's what I wasn't sure about. I would rather put the factory hitch on, an aftermarket sits too low to me.

domdeerhunter

Reaction score
Your welcome, i also installed a factory center console. Had to trim one of the brackets to fit around the anti-skid floor sensor.