2007 Tahoe lowering on 22s????????/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bounce03x

Reaction score
Hows everyone doing?

THis is my first post on this forum. Actually Im on here for girls dad. He just bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ 2wd. It came with 22x9.5 inch TIS rims on I believe 305/40/22 tires. Ill have to double check tomorrow on the tires but he wants to lower it and was wondering what is the lowest he'd be able to go with those wheels. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Mark

teemgreen99

Reaction score
I have that same set up and I only lower the rear 2 inches to level the back, the rear end would rub when turning up driveways but i trimmed the wheel well and now its fine. I have seen and heard of guys doing 3/5 kits though.

bounce03x

Reaction score
do you have any pics you can share? He was talking about a 3/5 drop but i told him im worried about his wheels being too wide?

the pedders man

Reaction score
Hows everyone doing?

THis is my first post on this forum. Actually Im on here for girls dad. He just bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ 2wd. It came with 22x9.5 inch TIS rims on I believe 305/40/22 tires. Ill have to double check tomorrow on the tires but he wants to lower it and was wondering what is the lowest he'd be able to go with those wheels. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Mark

We did johns Tahoe....
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=4853&highlight=pedders

Frank

teemgreen99

Reaction score
yes I have pics if you want to see them. Contact the pedders man for info on this he has all the stuff and really knows what hes doing. Had I gone with a 3/5 I would have contacted him for it but I didnt want it that low because I have a couple cabins up in the High Desert area and didnt want my front end ripped off

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bounce03x,

See my review of the Pedders Lowering Springs here if you haven't already:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5383

I'm also running 22's. Although I do rub at extreme steering wheel lock, its not been severe enough for me to even bother clearancing yet. Definately consider the Pedders for the look, but its the RIDE I've grown to appreciate the most.

the pedders man

Reaction score
Hey bounce03x,

See my review of the Pedders Lowering Springs here if you haven't already:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5383

I'm also running 22's. Although I do rub at extreme steering wheel lock, its not been severe enough for me to even bother clearancing yet. Definately consider the Pedders for the look, but its the RIDE I've grown to appreciate the most.

Ken Your NEW round of parts will be in Next week....Frank