2007 Tahoe LTZ 6.0 Swap Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryno21

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New to the whole forum thing, but I did a 6.0 swap into my 2007 Tahoe and now I have a couple problems I was hoping someone could help with. I had the 5.3 LMG engine with 4L60e Transmission and 4x4 transfer case. I put in the 6.0 LY6 with 6L90e transmission and transfer case out of a 2009 Suburban 2500. When I did the swap, I got the wiring harness and ECM from the suburban, so they went in as well.

Here are my problems:

This one is more of a question. I used the old oxygen sensors when I did the swap. I had to re-wire them with the correct plugs which came with the engine I purchased. Is there a problem with this? Will it throw off the oxygen readings?

P0315 DTC code (crankshaft sensor learn error) - I've been told that the only thing that needs to be done is the truck has to be put on a scan tool and they can do the re-learn thing. Is this true, or is it something I can do at home?

P2068 DTC code for fuel circuit B low or something like that (also, the fuel gauge reads zero always. Is the wiring different for the fuel level sensor or is there something I would need to change to get this to work?

Service 4wd, service Traction control, Service Stabilitrak warning lights and check engine light is on. I have read and tried several things with this, but I'm not really sure where to go now. The 4wd originally would not work correctly (got stuck in 4-lo). I had to take the transfer case motor off to get it back to 2-hi. Now I'm afraid to shift it back to 4wd.

The engine runs good. I did change all fluids and the mass air flow sensor. I seem to be getting terrible gas mileage (5-8 mpg) and it seems the engine wants to slow the car down a lot (like it won't just cruise). Could this be just high transmission shift points? It feels like when you are pulling a trailer down hill and engine braking, only it is all the time. Not sure if this has to do with the other problems above, but maybe?

Sorry for the long post, but any help is appreciated.