2007 Tahoe LTZ Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHINO64

Reaction score
Anyone receive a recall notice about the ground wire for the heated washer fluid reservoir. It seems the ground wire is either too small of gauge and the notice said it may cause a circuit board to over heat at the connection.

They are changing out the wiring harness and the new one will have an in line fuse added. It said to make an appointment with the dealer on or after 1 Nov 08.:confused2:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can pull fuse #69 'til you get it fixed so there's no chance of fire.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i received this notice for my 07 Denali.

Was it a good featuring to began with? Not sure how it would really work affectively.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works great w/ a lite layer of frost, especially if you use the fluid that is a deicer.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When calling the dealer to set up an appointment to have your truck in for service after November third, is the dealer telling you to do anything with the problem before hand?

jeep450

Reaction score
When calling the dealer to set up an appointment to have your truck in for service after November third, is the dealer telling you to do anything with the problem before hand?

The parts are suppose to be ready by then, if you go early it will be disabled so there will not be any problems. There has been reports of some catching on fire.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works great w/ a lite layer of frost, especially if you use the fluid that is a deicer.

still seems pretty unless.

maybe they'll let us trade in that feature for "one touch window up" :yesnod:(joking)

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was in for 2 weeks for a bad fuel pump, and the recall just had them pull the fuse

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One touch windows... id be willing to switch!!! haha has anyone went to the chevy dealer and tried to get it fixed yet or do we have to wait... and i really hope it wont be in for more than a few hours!!!

ckbrzon

Reaction score
Are there any symptoms of this as an impending failure.

I mentioned the recall to the wife and she went on to say the thing had been acting up, i.e. wipers and washers on until ignition cycled.:confused2:

Last edited:

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only warning you will get if the system fails is smoke.

If you see smoke its over as the truck go's up in flames.

I'M not trying to be an as-s but that's the nature of this issue.

mlwald79

Reaction score
i got this for my denali. they pulled the fuse last time i went in. they recently called me and said they now have the new harness available.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never got the letter, but my dealership called about a month and half ago. They pulled the fuse the first time and last week replaced the harness. It's seems pretty straightforward and it didn't take them long to do.

And after buying my Denali over 3 months ago, I finally got to push that heated washer button :D.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heated-washer-fluid-recall.jpg

khool750

Reaction score

^^^^ I lol'd. Hey, got mine fixed about 2 weeks ago, and it only took them like 10 mins, but my outer passenger windtrim and felt came apart on me, so I had them fix that too. That took them an hour, wtf? lol. Anyway, we had a freeze last week or so in NC and I tried it, and it was actually pretty cool, but I don't know if mine worked right. I pushed the button, the light flashed a bit, and then about 20 secs or so the windshield wipers came on and also the washers, melting the ice, I didn't have to do a damn thing, and Like I said before, coming from a freaking blazer ls, this was impressive to me. Doesn't take much to put a smile on my face, but I had a big cheesy grin, lol. It is useless though, before I had it fixed, using auto start, both the front and rear windows would be defrosted by the time I got out to my truck. I had just forgot to run the truck that morning is was like, let me see if I can set the roof on fire in the motha' and tried it out.