2007 undercover ppv questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROXTAR

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm brand new to the forum and just barely bought this truck. A few days ago I was just looking it over again and was noticing alot.of odd things before I realized it was a police vehicle. There is holes in the roof that are siliconed closed. Holes in the fender from an aux antenna. And lots of other stuff.

Did the dealer have to disclose that this was a police vehicle?

And also is CD not an option in this? It has the face of a CD player but there is something behind the slot that doesn't allow anything to go in.

If anyone can help with these or even has more information on this I would like to know more

canakin

Reaction score
I would not think that they have to disclose it as a police vehicle, although the VIN should show it to be if it actually is a PPV. It is possible maybe it was used in some sort of fleet operation other then police and has a fleet/commercial package to it. Anyways, throw the VIN in here and see what it says: http://www.decodethis.com/

Good Luck.

amtronic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you take a photo of your options sticker (glove box) and post it, we can help decode if it has the PPV options on it.

POPO

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm brand new to the forum and just barely bought this truck. A few days ago I was just looking it over again and was noticing alot.of odd things before I realized it was a police vehicle. There is holes in the roof that are siliconed closed. Holes in the fender from an aux antenna. And lots of other stuff.

And also is CD not an option in this? It has the face of a CD player but there is something behind the slot that doesn't allow anything to go in.

If anyone can help with these or even has more information on this I would like to know more

I used to sell cars when I was younger dealers don't have to disclose any information other than if it was in any accidents as for the plugs on the roof the police, sheriff, or federal agency that had the vehicle prior to its decommission would plug and silicon all the holes on the truck. Like one of the guys said above the vin would tell you if it was a special services vehicle you can always pull it and run a carfax on it. To see how many owners it had since it decommission. It will not tell you which agency it belonged to because law enforcement agencies do not register there vehicles with the state like we have to they just title them. Hope that helps a little.

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why it's recommended to get a carfax report or similar before buying it. Some dealers will already have one for you to look at.

andratch

Reaction score

The PPV has a pretty destinctive look...leveled suspension, steel wheels, 265/60/17 tires, no roof rack, extra power/grounding connections, different seats, no console...It's hard to believe that you didn't immediately notice that it had the PPV package.

The SSV isn't leveled and may be a bit better equipped, but still...

What leads you to believe this was specifically used as a police vehicle?

The dealer doesn't need to and shouldn't have to disclose that this was used as a service vehicle. It's usually quite obvious, unless this is a LS/LT with extra gear added to it. Maybe it was just driven by a HAM enthusiast?

Also, yes they all typically have CD players as far as I've seen.

ROXTAR

Reaction score
It has stuff that the ppv wouldn't. Like alloy wheels and a console. However something was mounted to the console and when they removed it they just chopped all the wires. But there are holes in the roof from a light bar. Has the extra electrical components.

After talking over with some people we believe it was a service truck of some kind just not police. And after a reset the CD player works fine.