2007 Yukon Fog Light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
REALLY bright.

OK im upgradeing. THE FOGS ARE AS BRIGHT AS MY LOW BEAMS AND STOCK FOGS.

man i cant wait for mike to get my hids in to me now.

those pics look awsome!! JUST THINK how bright you would be with the mod that lets you have Low high and Fogs on all at once, now quick question. i know you have Bi-xenon, but are there two bulbs for each light like the ones you posted in another thred, or just one light with twho filimants. and do they both stay on or does the low turn off?

was that the little bridge off of I-95. i think i used that one day to get out of the dc traffic. :yesnod:

but your right its COLD i mean its 22 here right now with high winds. coldest day of the year, we got snow for like 5 minuites none stuck but it was fun to watch.

Heh-heh, thanks. Yep, they're CRAZY bright. My wife is mad at me because she used to like the little LEDs I had in the fogs before, and got used to using them -- I told her she's gotta lay off them unless it's bad weather or she's on a dark road. She doesn't respond to "change" very well.

The McCulloch bi-xenon HIDs in my headlights are single-arc with solenoids. Dual arcs/beams/bulbs with two more ballasts would be completely ridiculous... Way more complicated on the install and 70W in the headlight housing with the lo+hi trick might be too much heat anyway. I ain't tryin' it!

And, nope, this is 20 miles from 95 in Prince William County...

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you CUT the bulb. :eek: how would it still work then ??? but it does AND IT LOOKS GREAT.

No dude! :smilielol: Read the instructions... I Dremeled the collar on the base of the bulb down smaller so it fits these retarded little fog light housings. The main difference between the 9000 series bulbs is in the shape of the base, and the arc position. Was I nervous Dremeling these? Yes. I can't expect Mike to honor any warranty on them now, it was a one-shot one-kill deal. So far, it's worked out fine. For anyone who wants to try this, practice on some $5.00 Wal-Mart bulbs first.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No dude! :smilielol: Read the instructions... I Dremeled the collar on the base of the bulb down smaller so it fits these retarded little fog light housings. The main difference between the 9000 series bulbs is in the shape of the base, and the arc position. Was I nervous Dremeling these? Yes. I can't expect Mike to honor any warranty on them now, it was a one-shot one-kill deal. So far, it's worked out fine. For anyone who wants to try this, practice on some $5.00 Wal-Mart bulbs first.

ok big misunderstanding then LOL . ok i remember i had trouble fitting 9006 in to 9005 sockets so i just sent mine back to mike for 9005's, i may go a head and pick up a 880 kit then, those looks great.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll order mine in the morning, thanks :D

Just remember you'll need to chop off the factory fog connectors and attach some 9005 connectors (I crimped mine on with some butt-crimps, heh). You have to do that on at least the one side you'll be using to connect to the HID harness (I used the passenger side). You can find these at AutoZone or any auto parts store with a decent electrical section.

Also, just to be clear, I haven't fully "tested" the setup for any heat issues, so don't blame me if your OE housings melt down... :eek2: (I sure HOPE they don't!)

Good luck!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok big misunderstanding then LOL . ok i remember i had trouble fitting 9006 in to 9005 sockets so i just sent mine back to mike for 9005's, i may go a head and pick up a 880 kit then, those looks great.

Heh, heh, heh! :smilielol: Sounds good, chico! :thumbsup:

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:​

Holy mother of PEARLS!!!!!! Your fogs are brighter than my halogen low beams AND foglights are right now. Touching on Rolling Thunder's statement, would an 880 bulb fit better? I think I am going to take the plunge, your lights are BRIGHT as all getout. WOW!!! Those will definitely come in handy when I am driving around town, there is only like one light post in the entire town I live in...WOW those monsters ae BRIGHT!!!!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Touching on Rolling Thunder's statement, would an 880 bulb fit better? I think I am going to take the plunge, your lights are BRIGHT as all getout. WOW!!!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Naw, RT has an '06. I dunno if an 880 base will fit into the '07 foglight housing. I think the 880 bulb is pretty long as well. The 9005's definitely work, but you definitely do have to mod the bulb base's collar to allow it to fit into the hole properly.

It feels nice to be envied! I wonder how many blindingly bright Denali's will start popping up around here now... :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Holy mother of PEARLS!!!!!! Your fogs are brighter than my halogen low beams AND foglights are right now. Touching on Rolling Thunder's statement, would an 880 bulb fit better? I think I am going to take the plunge, your lights are BRIGHT as all getout. WOW!!! Those will definitely come in handy when I am driving around town, there is only like one light post in the entire town I live in...WOW those monsters ae BRIGHT!!!!

the gmt 900s dont use 880's like our gmt 800's (enless your talking about your wifes hoe) , so thats why i would use 880's the gmt 900's use a wierd bulb that nobody has ever heard of apperently, atleast not my bulb guys. so i think thats why getwired used 9005s.

but yea, my halagons which are silverstar ULTRAS, are not even as bright as his low beams, and his low beams are brighter than my high beams, i cant WAIT.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Naw, RT has an '06. I dunno if an 880 base will fit into the '07 foglight housing. I think the 880 bulb is pretty long as well. The 9005's definitely work, but you definitely do have to mod the bulb base's collar to allow it to fit into the hole properly.

It feels nice to be envied! I wonder how many blindingly bright Denali's will start popping up around here now... :D

880 bulbs are longer than the 9005.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey Getwired, this is what will become of the masses.....I'm right up there in the front row, I love the light output. It looks absolutely beautiful brother....

:10s:​
:party3:​
:999:​

the gmt 900s dont use 880's like our gmt 400's (enless your talking about your wifes hoe) , so thats why i would use 880's the gmt 900's use a wierd bulb that nobody has ever heard of apperently, atleast not my bulb guys. so i think thats why getwired used 9005s.

but yea, my halagons which are silverstar ULTRAS, are not even as bright as his low beams, and his low beams are brighter than my high beams, i cant WAIT.

You have bulb guys???? Put me on your payroll, high roller.....

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys crack me up!

BUT, I do love it how you can plainly see the giant hill that is over 1/4 mile away in this shot. AND, you can sort of make out the other side of the valley that's almost 1/2 mile away. Hi beams only. Whoa. :cool2:

(Never been flashed by another driver either with my low beams on...) :crazy:

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Getwired, this is what will become of the masses.....I'm right up there in the front row, I love the light output. It looks absolutely beautiful brother....

:10s:
:party3:​
:999:​

You have bulb guys???? Put me on your payroll, high roller.....

lol, i know some people.

We need to strating somthing out, we ( you and me, not your wife) have gmt 800's not gmt 400's gmt 800's are 2000-2006 what i said earlier is gmt 400 thats 99 and back, if you want to esit my quote you can, but im gunna edit my post. :thumbsup:​

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUT, I do love it how you can plainly see the giant hill that is over 1/2 mile away in this shot. AND, you can sort of make out the other side of the valley that's almost 1 mile away. Hi beams only. Whoa. :cool2:

you probably doctored these photos :giggling:

but i CANT read the street signs, isnt that one of the major points of HIDS to be able to see EVERYTHING better, if i can read a street sign half amile away then their just not good enough :lol:

they look awsome, just mod it so the fogs work with the highs. :yesnod:

btw never been flashed even with my high beams on. nope every body kept their pants on.

Last edited:

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUT, I do love it how you can plainly see the giant hill that is over 1/2 mile away in this shot. AND, you can sort of make out the other side of the valley that's almost 1 mile away. Hi beams only. Whoa. :cool2:

but i CANT read the street signs, isnt that one of the major points of HIDS to be able to see EVERYTHING better, if i can read a street sign half amile away then their just not good enough :lol:

they look awsome, just mod it so the fogs work. :yesnod:

btw never been flashed even with my high beams on. nope every body kept their pants on.

You two are troublemakers....:lam:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score

they look awsome, just mod it so the fogs work. :yesnod:

Nope, photos are direct from camera, no adjustments or tweaks.

I guess if I had a telephoto lens, we could read the signs... HIDs illuminate reflective materials from great distances, so I have no issues reading signs at the last second at night.

Nope, I'm done modding driving lights, unless it's a simple fix to keep the fogs on when the brights are on...

Mr. Flashy Pants says, "Thankth, thweetie"! :gey:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I guess if I had a telephoto lens, we could read the signs... HIDs illuminate reflective materials from great distances, so I have no issues reading signs at the last second at night.

Nope, I'm done modding driving lights, unless it's a simple fix to keep the fogs on when the brights are on...

maybe next time i will park next to the campus cheerleading squad:lol:

so done modding complety, no changes to the rims, tires, inteiror, at least make that thing sound as mean as it looks, i plan to have my exaust guys to that next.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you set this up, you might awaken hibernating bears who may think your high beams and fog lights are the Summer Sun...Seriously though, I think you may melt down the asphalt if you set this up, I'd have to say that's overkill.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe next time i will park next to the campus cheerleading squad:lol:

so done modding complety, no changes to the rims, tires, inteiror, at least make that thing sound as mean as it looks, i plan to have my exaust guys to that next.

Okay dude, bulb guys, exhaust guys, what's next? Cleaning guys???? Must be nice dude, I am my own, bulb guy, my own exhaust guy, albeit not a very mechanically inclined one, but I get around.

:jok: :jok: :jok: