2007 Yukon Fog Light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update: I use the fogs all the time (well, at night), and they work great. Still NO heat issues for those of you who might be wondering...

tbrend

Reaction score
As soon as the snow melts I am going to get mine in. The kit is waiting...

deejayrock

Reaction score
Hey Getwired,
What do you think about using a set of 9006 HID's for this mod? The reason I ask is because I have a set of 9006 HID's in my garage, I"m only afraid of them being to close to the lens. What do you think?
Thanks,
deejayrock

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Getwired,
What do you think about using a set of 9006 HID's for this mod? The reason I ask is because I have a set of 9006 HID's in my garage, I"m only afraid of them being to close to the lens. What do you think?
Thanks,
deejayrock

I wouldn't worry too much about them being close to the lens. My 9005's are about 1/2" back from the lens, and they're totally fine. You might measure the length of the glass part of the bulb. Mine are 43mm. The potential problem is with the "neck" of the bulb. As long as the neck of the bulb (where the rubber "O" ring gasket is) is the same diameter as the OE bulb, I'd say go for it.

You will have to Dremel down the "collar" or base of the bulb to about the size of a quarter or slightly larger to allow the bulb to fit into the round socket securely. Dremeling down the bulb base is pretty messy, so I suggest you do it outside and have an air compressor ready to clean yourself and your work area when you're done...

Post pics when you've done it, if it'll work!

tbrend

Reaction score
tbrend did you ever do your foglights yet?

I finally got them in this weekend.

They look great. Everything went smooth. It is unreal the light they put out.
I put in the 4300k in the fog lights. They are the 880 bulb. I had them on all weekend. There is no evidence of too much heat output. The bulb sits about 1/2" from the lens.

Thanks for all the help.

mikemjohnson

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, but if you wanna save some money, skip the McCulloch kit for the fogs and get some cheaper ones... I personally couldn't justify the price for a second McCulloch kit for the fogs, so I went with the Ollo kit that mikemjohnson on here sells.

Getwired, this is an AWESOME thread. This answers so many questions people have, and I will be sure to point people to this thread. and to have my HID kit as apart of your modding with your recommendation behind them is honestly an honor:thumbsup:
thanks for all the info you've put here for everyone
id put that smiley face that is on his knees doing the bow and 'praising' but i cant find it:rolleyes2:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool -- thanks for the props Mike. I wish I had more $$$ to play around these days; I wanna do my daily driver now. Maybe you can hook me up with a deal at some point for the referral biz or something. ;) Cheers!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool -- thanks for the props Mike. I wish I had more $$$ to play around these days; I wanna do my daily driver now. Maybe you can hook me up with a deal at some point for the referral biz or something. ;) Cheers!

me too. i need to get somthing better on the new mustang. haveing the HIDs on the kon and then going to the fogged up,yellow housings, even with silverstar ultras its still bad. like driving with out lights at all. :ack:

btw GW, while your on, i need to as a question. when you did the Bi-xenon, you used a silinoid one and not a duel bulb one with 4 ballests right? when you did that what extra wireing was involved for the hids then. my mustang uses 9007 which is a duel high/low and im sceptical about the silinoid thing. the kit i like is a McCullioch (sp) or somthing and i have never heard of them so i am sceptical. so can you reccommend a better kit.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...when you did the Bi-xenon, you used a silinoid one and not a duel bulb one with 4 ballests right? when you did that what extra wireing was involved for the hids then. my mustang uses 9007 which is a duel high/low and im sceptical about the silinoid thing. the kit i like is a McCullioch (sp) or somthing and i have never heard of them so i am sceptical. so can you reccommend a better kit.

Well, you're right -- solenoid actuated bi-xenons are what I have on my truck (H13's/9008's). I have the McCulloch kit (or a knockoff, not sure). Anyway, they work very well, and NO special wiring is required. The circuitry is all in the harness, ballasts, ignitors and bulbs. Automagic. Didn't wanna deal with 4 ballasts (and potentially 4 ignitors -- lots of wiring, hard to find places for that many ballasts, but I'm sure someone's done it). You could go with a halogen/plasma dual-bulb setup -- I'm sure Mike can tell you about that.

New Mustang? And does your sig mean that you bought your dad's 'Vette? Jeez, boy... :crazy:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you're right -- solenoid actuated bi-xenons are what I have on my truck (H13's/9008's). I have the McCulloch kit (or a knockoff, not sure). Anyway, they work very well, and NO special wiring is required. The circuitry is all in the harness, ballasts, ignitors and bulbs. Automagic. Didn't wanna deal with 4 ballasts (and potentially 4 ignitors -- lots of wiring, hard to find places for that many ballasts, but I'm sure someone's done it). You could go with a halogen/plasma dual-bulb setup -- I'm sure Mike can tell you about that.

New Mustang? And does your sig mean that you bought your dad's 'Vette? Jeez, boy... :crazy:

thanks for the info on the HIDs, im gunna order a D1S kit from acura for the fog lights though. that im gunna mod in to there. im gunna wait on the low/highs as ordered crystal clears for it and i want to see if they improve my light output i bit combined with the new HID fogs.

yes and yes.

mustang was a gift, nothing specail other than it was my grandmas that was sold over 5 years ago and i was angry at that beacuse it was sentimental to me. so i thought that was very cool.

bought the vette (with car payments through usaa though, o boy more payments) but he wanted to sell it, and i said not after all the work we put it through. had it apraised and i bought it from him.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info on the HIDs, im gunna order a D1S kit from acura for the fog lights though. that im gunna mod in to there. im gunna wait on the low/highs as ordered crystal clears for it and i want to see if they improve my light output i bit combined with the new HID fogs.

yes and yes.

mustang was a gift, nothing specail other than it was my grandmas that was sold over 5 years ago and i was angry at that beacuse it was sentimental to me. so i thought that was very cool.

bought the vette (with car payments through usaa though, o boy more payments) but he wanted to sell it, and i said not after all the work we put it through. had it apraised and i bought it from him.

How did you finance through USAA without being military?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you finance through USAA without being military?

my grandfathers on both sides of my family was military. ,makeing my dad get USAA, my mom also got USAA, and that can be passed down on off springs. i got a letter last year saying my future kids could also be insured. but i cant get on bases with out one of them since i cant get an id anymore since i dont live with them.

yup, insured for house, cars, boat, life, and i have heath insurance with Anthem blue cross,blue sheild

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup -- I wish I could get USAA too. We checked into it a while back. My dad is a vet, but he retired like 1000 years ago and missed the eligibility requirements eons ago. Since no other immediate relatives are in the service, I can't get in. GRRRR!!!! Oh well.