2007 Yukon Spontaneous Explosion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankthetank

Reaction score
Well I was watching the local news yesterday when I saw think shocking report about a 2007 Yukon spontaneously exploding. This is the same year model as mine and has me a little scared in the middle of the night be woken by my beloved Yukon on fire. Was wondering if anyone has heard any other news about this problem. Thanks

Here is the link to the report.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks for the post! If mine blows up I might have to change my vote on the poll I started from "Some Minor Problems" to "Some Major problems..."

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Yeah exploding Yukon could be a big problem.:eek: That is pretty disturbing and if this happens a lot like ford, that could really kill Tahoe sales and I hope this is an isolated incident and not wide spread. I would really be curious as to what happened. I would sue GM if this happened to me as we put our faith in a GM product and I feel like an idiot telling everyone how great they are and this is embarrassing. Did GM cut corners somewhere, I hope not.

Last edited:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 incident out of how many produced...?
Doesnt sound like any kind of an epidemic.....probably an isolated incident.
But then again.......:shrk:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 incident out of how many produced...?
Doesnt sound like any kind of an epidemic.....probably an isolated incident.
But then again.......:shrk:

GM should be all over this as this is perfect ammunition for Toyota. We will have to see what the results of the investigation reveal I hope it is just a few isolated cases and not a wide spread problem as GM does not need this bad press as Toyota can easily eat their lunch if they slip once. GM cannot afford mistakes like this.

Last edited:

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM should be all over this as this is perfect ammunition for Toyota. We will have to see what the results of the investigation reveal I hope it is just a few isolated cases and not a wide spread problem as GM does not need this bad press as Toyota can easily eat their lunch if they slip once. GM cannot afford mistakes like this.

GM can't afford ANY mistakes anymore. I hope they make a comeback in the upcoming years the last few have been pretty rough on them.

misonido

Reaction score
What if these people have money problems and decided to torch their vehicles? I think that is a possibility too.
:lol:
Then there should be an equivalent to car abuse, much like there is to beer abuse in drinking games! Make them drive an old pickup truck that has a solid front axle. A few days in that they will long for their Yukon...

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate people that abuse nice vehicles, hell they should have to walk!

It's unbelieveable to go out and look at the Tahoes and Yukons they have out on the used lots. I mean it is just unreal how people treat them, seats ripped to hell, dashboards messed up (I saw one with chunks out of it on the lot last time I had mine worked on), and they are just disgusting. I think it's a crime to destroy a 50k dollar truck. It just absolutely blows my mind. Maybe I'll understand when I have kids but as of right now, destroying a car is a crime.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's unbelieveable to go out and look at the Tahoes and Yukons they have out on the used lots. I mean it is just unreal how people treat them, seats ripped to hell, dashboards messed up (I saw one with chunks out of it on the lot last time I had mine worked on), and they are just disgusting. I think it's a crime to destroy a 50k dollar truck. It just absolutely blows my mind. Maybe I'll understand when I have kids but as of right now, destroying a car is a crime.

When I was a kid, I saw a brand new Corvette that the guy treated like an ash tray on wheels, and being a huge Corvette fanatic at the time, I was sickened. I thought that such a person dosen't deserve such a nice car.

jlcvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always say you can tell a lot about someone just by looking at what they drive and how they take care of it. I know not everyone can afford a $50,000 vehicle, but they should try and take care of what they have. Some people are just slobs and they will never change. :ack:

Karman

Reaction score
Last edited:

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall hearing about this a month ago or so... I actually asked the dealer about it (not that they would know anyway), but they were quick to dismiss it and say that the information was not correct.

I still bought one though :D

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had a garage, I'd still park my Tahoe in it after hearing about this. 3 cases in a few hundred thousand, if I thought my odds were that good I'd play the lottery! Chances are much higher that there was some other factor than bad design that caused these fires.

misonido

Reaction score
Chances are much higher that there was some other factor than bad design that caused these fires.
Exactly, who knows what after market accessories were installed and if they were installed correctly! I stopped by a Circuit City one day to look at the car stereos and the installer was still in high school! Great that he had a job, but no way was I letting him work on any of my vehicles.