2008 Tahoe hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taz4u2nv

Reaction score
2008 Tahoe hybrid
4x4
6.0 V8 (LFA)

Hi guys new here I have a hybrid Tahoe and recently have had bad luck. I'm sure one of the AFM lifters are bad and I have a bad valve knock that doesn't stop even when warm, also I noticed what sounds like a slight rod knock at certain RPMs. I really haven't had luck with the car since I got it. I think the auxiliary pump for the trans was going bad before all this also. So that's my story and this is my question.

Would it be possible to get a 4l60e from an 08 Tahoe and replace the electric transmission? I know I'd have to also swap the engine harness and pull all electric components. But I will be rebuilding the engine and doing a dod/AFM delete. I'm not sure if I'd also have to change things like the brake master cylinder since it's different also and interior harness and fuse boxes. Now before we say just get a new truck that's not an option, I'm just looking at what can I do with what I have. Thanks guys.