2009 Tahoe on Autotrader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of a new 2009 I found on Autotrader.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_popup.jsp?car_id=247632576&photoIndex=0

New Chrome trim on doors
7827837357.247632576.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

New rear bumper w/chrome trim
7827837361.247632576.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

A/C Seats
7886046060.247632576.IM1.15.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

And a 2009 Z71

7950433532.247876175.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I was going to pull the trigger today as they are practically giving away 08's. I can get a 08 LT3 Z71, ent & destination package for $38.5K. I really want an 09 with a 6-speed and cooled seats, but it was my understanding that it would be a long time before 09's were out, and that they would be very expensive when they are available.

I wonder if Chevy will push some heavy rebates on 09's to sell them (sell anything!!) or if they will just severely reduce production and raise the prices. I have to make a decision today!!!

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted this before but, for what it's worth in your decision process, the dealer I visited to discuss '09s said the sale would be at invoice with no BS fees (like doc fees). It was a no pressure discussion.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '09 LTZ Suburban on order, TPW 09/01/08. I haven't discussed it with my dealer but I wouldn't expect anything else but invoice. If not then he can keep it, no papers signed and no deposit put down.

BTW, how long does it usually take for a dealer to receive a truck after the TPW has passed?

galeo7171

Reaction score
ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I was going to pull the trigger today as they are practically giving away 08's. I can get a 08 LT3 Z71, ent & destination package for $38.5K. I really want an 09 with a 6-speed and cooled seats, but it was my understanding that it would be a long time before 09's were out, and that they would be very expensive when they are available.

I wonder if Chevy will push some heavy rebates on 09's to sell them (sell anything!!) or if they will just severely reduce production and raise the prices. I have to make a decision today!!!

Is that price on the 08 you stated including rebates? does that include the0% financing?

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

New to these threds but just purchased an 08 GMC Yukon 2wd SLT2 fully loaded. The dealers are in bad shape and willing to make a deal. I'm pretty sure the dealer made next to nothing on the deal. They gave me $10K in incentives on top of my trade. The H3 was paid off and only had 8K miles on it so I recieved a great trade in as well. Granted it took over two hours of dealing but I think it was worth it! I'll get some pics out as soon as I take some. It's black w/ blk leather interior. Chrome package w/denali front grill and 20' rims! I LOVE it! :yesnod:

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Chadwick02,

Those cooled seats are alright, but not worth waiting for if you can get a great deal on an 08. Wifey's IS250 has them and it pretty much feels like you pissed your pants. :crazy: I live in Vegas and they don't help all that much to spend a load more on the vehicle. Now the 6SPD sounds good if the mileage is all that much more. Good hunting to you though!

galeo7171

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to these threds but just purchased an 08 GMC Yukon 2wd SLT2 fully loaded. The dealers are in bad shape and willing to make a deal. I'm pretty sure the dealer made next to nothing on the deal. They gave me $10K in incentives on top of my trade. The H3 was paid off and only had 8K miles on it so I recieved a great trade in as well. Granted it took over two hours of dealing but I think it was worth it! I'll get some pics out as soon as I take some. It's black w/ blk leather interior. Chrome package w/denali front grill and 20' rims! I LOVE it! :yesnod:

You can bet they made something on the deal. What kind of deal did you get on your trade in?

kakytahoe

Reaction score
That chrome trim was available on some 08's around here, in the special edition pearl.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can bet they made something on the deal. What kind of deal did you get on your trade in?

I agree... Dealers don't pay their bills by giving new cars away.. I made some really good deals in the past but I know the dealer still made something out of the sell.

PS: I always avoid the trade-in deal because you never know what your really getting for your car vs what they are really discounting the new one for. I just work the deal buy the new one and then sell the old one out right.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They gave me $20,500 on the trade in including a tax rebate. I bought the H3 for $25,500 with 3K miles. I think historically the full size SUV segment brought in big dollars for the dealers and the manufacturer. I supposed what I meant to say is that the dealers profit margin was nowhere near what it could have been. I used to work in fleet sales many moons ago, so I know the dealer made something but I don't think it was much. The Yuk was $46,500 or something very similar. With the $10K in incentives and my trade I was left with about $18K (taxes and stuff) which is being paid off after the first payment is made. I guess they will make some of it back with the resale of the H3. Here's a pic I took in the driveway. Had the front windows tinted just yesterday...

frontsideyuk.jpg

galeo7171

Reaction score
They gave me $20,500 on the trade in including a tax rebate. I bought the H3 for $25,500 with 3K miles. I think historically the full size SUV segment brought in big dollars for the dealers and the manufacturer. I supposed what I meant to say is that the dealers profit margin was nowhere near what it could have been. I used to work in fleet sales many moons ago, so I know the dealer made something but I don't think it was much. The Yuk was $46,500 or something very similar. With the $10K in incentives and my trade I was left with about $18K (taxes and stuff) which is being paid off after the first payment is made. I guess they will make some of it back with the resale of the H3. Here's a pic I took in the driveway. Had the front windows tinted just yesterday...

$10K In incentives?? The most I can find around here is $8k off or take the 0% for 72 months.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ppwk is in the truck, but it was broken out on two lines, one was 'incentive' and one was 'preferred customer'. I'm pretty sure you are dead on with $8K on the incentive line. Not sure why I was a preferred customer or what that does for them. I bought my Hummer from a Honda Dealer. haha!

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chrome door handles are on my 08 black LTZ (if that is the chrome you are referring to)

On the '08 White Diamond Pearl Edition there was added chrome trim along the tops of the door moldings. It is now standard on all LTZs. Also I think there will be chrome trim along the retracting running boards on all LTZs that are equipped with them, just like the '08 White Diamond Pearl and Denalis.

In addition all LTZs come with chrome trim along the rear bumper and hitch cover(look at the second photo), just like the Denalis.

3142309_6.jpg

7827837361.247632576.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

So the question has to be asked, since the 6.2 is now an option on all LTZ Tahoes, what is the purpose of GMC? It seems to me that the only features that you can't get on the Tahoes is all-time AWD, heated seating wheel and gauges that you can't read during the daytime.

Last edited:

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? Are they a different color or something? Looks the same in my Yukon as the pics on Chevrolet's site?

The Denali has a different color gauge face, some sort of dark brown reflective color with a reflective trim on the outside. If there is a glare they can be difficult to read sometimes. My dad has a '07 denali and it's one of his biggest complaints.

Denali
13.jpg

22.jpg

Non-Denali
3179553_8.jpg