2012 Tahoe PPV Tailgate issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoePPV2012

Reaction score
I am new and havent seen this posted so if its a repeat I apologize. I just bought a 2012 Tahoe PPV and am having issues with the tailgate not opening. The glass will always open but the tailgate opens SOMEtimes and the. There are times it wont. We have checked every fuse in the dash and under the hood. Those are all good. The first two times it happened we just kept trying ot and it would eventually open. This last time we tried un hooking the negative battery cable (which did work, this time). Are there any other suggestions to keep this from happening again?

My second issue is that the truck came with 2 keys and one FOB. One key has the chevy symbol and works fine. The second key doesnt work 99% of the time. I tried it randomly (trying to see if it fixed the above issue) and if i used the key one way it wouldnt do anything but “turn on the auxillaryâ€. If i turned it the opposite way a message came up “service theft deterrent sustem†and a light with a lock stayed illuminated. Then i started the truck with the “Chevy†key and turned it off and used the other key and the truck started. Any idea as to why this might happen??