2016 Tahoe LT Whistling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I go above 60 I hear a whistling noise.. Have not figured out exactly where it is coming from yet..Sounds like passenger side..Have not had it checked out by the dealer yet as I will wait for my first oil which is another 1500 miles..Also afraid the dealer might make it worse.

Anyone else have that issue and figured out where the whistling noise is coming from?

I had several rentals [15 and 16 Suburbans&Tahoes] and none of them whistled at highway speed.

Thanks in advance..

RED TAHOE LS

Reaction score
Try this, make sure the a/c is in the recirculating position, which stops OUTSIDE air flow. The noise could be coming from inside pressure from blend door being open. JMHO and good luck.
David g..........:rolleyes:

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw your post yesterday morning..Was on the turnpike yesterday afternoon and tried it your way..Still does it but does not seem as loud..Due to my climate I just leave the a/c on in the auto position as I hate driving with the windows down.

Spoke to someone at a gas station yesterday who had a 15 Hoe. He has the same issue also..He said it is a common problem from 2007 and up on a lot of Tahoes and Suburbans.

When I am in for my oil change I will ask if there is TSB for it.

Thanks David!!!

Gary

RED TAHOE LS

Reaction score
Saw your post yesterday morning..Was on the turnpike yesterday afternoon and tried it your way..Still does it but does not seem as loud..Due to my climate I just leave the a/c on in the auto position as I hate driving with the windows down.

Spoke to someone at a gas station yesterday who had a 15 Hoe. He has the same issue also..He said it is a common problem from 2007 and up on a lot of Tahoes and Suburbans.

When I am in for my oil change I will ask if there is TSB for it.

Thanks David!!!

Gary

Your more than welcome, good luck and travel safe. :waytogo:
David g.

2015LTZ

Reaction score
My wife's LTZ does this and it it the trim beside the windows on the pillars. They have cheap clips that hold them to the outside of the body. I would check yours.

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's LTZ does this and it it the trim beside the windows on the pillars. They have cheap clips that hold them to the outside of the body. I would check yours.

For now the whistling noise went away..But when it comes back [I am sure it will] I will check it that out..Thanks