2017 Tahoe Premier Folding Side Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014TahoeLT

Reaction score
I own a 2017 Tahoe Premier. Within the settings options I have the option to have the side mirrors retract and open when the vehicle is shut off / turned on. I have this setting turned on and it does not work. Should I take this to the dealer for a warranty issue or am I not doing something correctly?

SARNCAN

Reaction score
I own a 2017 Tahoe Premier. Within the settings options I have the option to have the side mirrors retract and open when the vehicle is shut off / turned on. I have this setting turned on and it does not work. Should I take this to the dealer for a warranty issue or am I not doing something correctly?

No, the feature doesn’t work like that.
The feature allows you to fold or unfold mirrors using the remote key fob, but not automatically when the vehicle is switched off.
To lock press and hold lock.
To unlock and roll down windows, press and hold unlock.

2014TahoeLT

Reaction score
Thank you for that response and I'll apologize now but I don't understand. Obviously it is clear that my expectations of what that feature does was not accurate. I am confused with the "locking", "unlocking", and "windows" comment. I can somehow make the mirrors go in and out with the key fob? Thanks again for your input, I do appreciate it.

SARNCAN

Reaction score
Thank you for that response and I'll apologize now but I don't understand. Obviously it is clear that my expectations of what that feature does was not accurate. I am confused with the "locking", "unlocking", and "windows" comment. I can somehow make the mirrors go in and out with the key fob? Thanks again for your input, I do appreciate it.

That what I expected when I purchased the vehicle and when I read auto fold too.
But it is all about key fob. Press and hold lock and unlock to use the feature