22's on my Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay everyone, I need your help before I order some wheels and tires for my Z71. My tahoe is white and I have decided on the all black American Racing Black Trench wheels.

The question I have is if the 22x9.5 will fit properly? I am assuming I go with the 30 offset instead of the 18? I am thinking of going with a 305/45 tire...will this fit and if so, any rubbing issues?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes but you'll have to do some minor trimming. Just kidding I have no idea.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option is 285/45-22. A little less wide, therefore a little less trimming. That's what I'm going with on my Z71. My 22's with 30 offset are on the way. Also, I am lowering the suspesion about 3 inches as well, so I expect I'll have some trimming to do.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 285/45-22's are 1.66% taller than the stock 265/65-18's
The 305/45-22's are even taller than that at 3.79% taller than stock.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you want the wider tire, but want to retain stock tire diameter, go with 305/40-22's, which are 0.13% difference from stock (negligible).

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, thank you very much for all of the information!

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I guess I am going to go with the 305/40/22? It looks to be the closest tire to stock.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home from the Discount Tires where I got my wheels, tires and TPMS installed. As I mentioned previously, I went with 285/45/22s. Although I haven't lowered my Suburban yet, I did not notice any rubbing on my short drive home, but I just wanted to give you a quick report that all seemed to be good with this size.

By the way, these are my wheels, which look great on my black z71!

moda_226_mmb_ci3_l.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home from the Discount Tires where I got my wheels, tires and TPMS installed. As I mentioned previously, I went with 285/45/22s. Although I haven't lowered my Suburban yet, I did not notice any rubbing on my short drive home, but I just wanted to give you a quick report that all seemed to be good with this size.

By the way, these are my wheels, which look great on my black z71!

moda_226_mmb_ci3_l.jpg

:ttiwwop:
Where the hell are the pictures dammit!

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the wheel/tire combo VadersOwn. You will have to put up some pics when you put those wheels on your Hoe. I really like those rims.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably one of the only people using these wheels because the short lenth of the TPMS valve stem will make it difficult to inflate these tires with certain types of air hose configuations. This type of wheel, due to it's two piece construction, is designed to be used with an extended valve stem. You can't really extend the valve stem on the TPMS, but such is life. Here's what I'm talking about:
LenasCamera094.jpg

LenasCamera095.jpg

Exclusivity has its price!

I love how these wheels look with the z71 features. They carry on the two tone silver and black theme of the interior and exterior items only available on the z71.

Comments are appreciated:thumbsup:

the pedders man

Reaction score
I'm probably one of the only people using these wheels because the short lenth of the TPMS valve stem will make it difficult to inflate these tires with certain types of air hose configuations. This type of wheel, due to it's two piece construction, is designed to be used with an extended valve stem. You can't really extend the valve stem on the TPMS, but such is life. Here's what I'm talking about:
LenasCamera094.jpg

LenasCamera095.jpg

Exclusivity has its price!

I love how these wheels look with the z71 features. They carry on the two tone silver and black theme of the interior and exterior items only available on the z71.

Comments are appreciated:thumbsup:

Ken Thats JUST HOT:thumbsup: ..Now wait till you add OUR springs and Shocks.....Frank:D

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does look ill. I really like it a lot man, good job!