22's on my Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VadersOwn...that is the first thing my bro said after we put it all back together too.

Whitez...I need to get some white door handles. I'm interested in trading mine out for some or just buying some all white handles. That is the only thing left that I want to do right now to the exterior.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Actually, have you considered black handles? I think it could compliment to your theme.

BTW, what kind of paint system(s) did you use for your various parts? Actually, its probably more appropriate to answer this and other questions in a new thread. If you do, please link from here. If not, post away!

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have considered black handles, but I think that would be too much. I think it will look cleaner with all white handles.

As far as the paint system...I am guessing you are talking about the color paint and what paint brand did I use? Prep process?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the rims and tail lights. Not feeling the blacked out portions of the front bumper or side mirror caps. However, it looks like quality work :).

Do you have a front leveling kit? If so which one and any impressions (especially off-road with the Z71 package). The front looks a little lifted' it might appear that way since the side steps are removed.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother and I did all the work...it was tedious, but well worth it in the end. I didn't want to keep the titanium look for the bumper or the mirrors...it clashed with the white and black.

I have not modified my suspension at all.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used PPG paint, 83 black. It is your basic black. As far as the prep work, the aluminum skidplate was challenging. We had to used Bulldog promoter for that and on everything else just in case. We first sanded everything with 400 then to 800 grit. Painted everything with 3 coats of black and then 3 coats of clear. We baked everything for 25 mins then flashed everything for about an hour. It turned out nice.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gonzo. I am going to get all white handles very soon to finish it off.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS will work with any size tire, they install in any wheel and take the place of the valve stem.