23" rims problems or not!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazyhoe

Reaction score
:confused2:wanted to put 23 s rims on my 3:73 ratio tahoe . do you think the hoe be okay with the tranny with these heavy wheels?

woldd90

Reaction score
I would think it would be way too slow... That is a lot of meat to move with stock tranny and gears.

aero993

Reaction score
I had 24's on my 01 Hoe. The only problem that I had was them bending and rubbing the inner fender. If I were to do it again, I would get Jordan's (23's).

aero993

Reaction score
If memory serves me, Jordan jersey number was 23. Hence the term Jordan's for 23's.

YAYSTA

Reaction score
I had 24's on my 01 Hoe. The only problem that I had was them bending and rubbing the inner fender. If I were to do it again, I would get Jordan's (23's).

what size tires did you have on em?

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can fit 24s easy with no rubbing if you get the right tires. i run 295/35/24R, the 305will rub and with that you will have to bend some molding under the wheel well. if you want to not have to do any mods get the 295/35s

YAYSTA

Reaction score
those are 24's? they hella look like 22's or is that just a old picture?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I'm running 305/35/24s on 24x10s with surprisingly very little rubbing. And that's with a good 3/5 drop on top of a 1" body drop. Get the proper offset/backspacing and you won't have any problems.
To answer the original post, I'm running 3.73 gears. The trans has just a tick over 101K and I've had the wheels on there for half of those miles. No problems whatsoever. You'll lose acceleration performance, fuel economy, and braking performance some due to the increased weight of the wheels though. And steering components will wear quicker than normal.

Last edited:

YAYSTA

Reaction score
do 24's really weigh a lot more then 22's? im thinking bout putting my 22's on my camaro and buying 24's on my yukon, i would go with 305/35/24's, right now i got 305s now on my 22's and i really like the look of em, those rims look hella clean jkmotorsports

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are 24's? they hella look like 22's or is that just a old picture?

they are 24s. its the angle of the pic, everyone says that. plus not having a chrome lip makes them look a bit smaller too.
295/35/24R

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
do 24's really weigh a lot more then 22's? im thinking bout putting my 22's on my camaro and buying 24's on my yukon, i would go with 305/35/24's, right now i got 305s now on my 22's and i really like the look of em, those rims look hella clean jkmotorsports
Each one of my wheels with tire weighs in at 90lbs each. Most 22's are going to be lighter, but it also depends on the style. Less spokes, thinner spokes equals less material, which will make the wheel lighter. Type of material the wheel is made of will make a huge difference. And modular type wheels are usually lighter than single piece wheels.
Second, if your 22's are on your truck now, they won't fit on the camaro. The lug pattern is completely different. 6 lug on the truck and 5 lug on the camaro.
AND last but not least, thnx for the rim compliment:beerchug:

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score

the first thing with the 22s on your Camaro, with a 305 width tire, you probably(not sure) wont be able to fit those on your Camaro. Also not sure if the bolt pattern is the same. with the 22s versus the 24s, obvisously your 24 inch rim and tire is going to heavier. HOWEVER, if you go with a 3 piece rim, which are WAY more expensive, your weigh will be noticably lighter than "normal" 24s. my suggestion is to get 295/35/24R because with the 295 you FOR SURE will not have to do any modifications to your truck to prevent rubbing in the front. you should talk to your rim guy, if you have one and have him put on the 295 and the 305 and look at your clearance in the wheel well because if you have rubbing, it CAN ruin your tires or your molding in your wheel wells. sorry for rambling but i just wanted you to know the route i went. happy hunting!