275/60/20 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domano 68

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum. Picked up an 06 Tahoe LS 2WD and looking to replace the stock 275/60/16 wheels and tires with a set of 270/60/20s.

The new set is a 33" compared to the stock 31". Will there be fitment issues? Thanks in advance!

GreaseMonkeyLSX

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum. Picked up an 06 Tahoe LS 2WD and looking to replace the stock 275/60/16 wheels and tires with a set of 270/60/20s.

The new set is a 33" compared to the stock 31". Will there be fitment issues? Thanks in advance!

i had stock LT 20s on my 2001 truck rode awesome and had no scrubs no rubs if youre going to 33s you might get a slight rub at full turn

Jungle Rooster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you go larger in circumference than the original setup, it may affect your speedometer/odometer.

Mine has 18" wheels on the front, and 20" wheels on the rear. I love the raked "Hot Rod" look of it. Now, off the top of my head I can't remember the tire size, but the overall height off the ground (circumference) is more, and I've noticed my speedometer reads 5 mph less than my GPS navigation system says I'm going. Now, I haven't had someone drive next to me so as to compare their speed reading to mine, but usually the GPS is pretty close. Bottom line: changing the wheel/tire sizes might make the speedometer read incorrectly, depending on how old or new your vehicle is, and thereby possibly making the odometer add more miles than you've traveled, or display less miles than you've driven. Either way, I don't really care in my case, because I could never live with the stock 16" wheels that came on the LIMITEDs.