2ND Row Seating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

APEX320

Reaction score
We bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ last year with 2nd row Heated/Power folding Bucket seats. We only had one kid at the time so it was great, Well we just had twin girls so I need a bench in the second row because its soo hard to reach into the back to get her buckled up. Does anyone know if I can just buy one and if it will fit in there. Its a light Grey color. Also where can I buy one?? Or is anyone willing to trade for the buckets, They are in mint condition 16,000kms on Tahoe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

rahrens

Reaction score
A bench from a Tahoe or Yukon will bolt right in, but seats from a Suburban or Yukon XL won't work. I assume yours are leather. There are a lot of cloth seats available on Ebay, but leather can be found. Be sure to get the carpet panel that velcroes to the floor. It will be different than the one you have with the buckets.

APEX320

Reaction score
Even with the power, heated and folding options?? A standard bench will work?? If so thats awesome I found one on ebay CHEAP. Please let me know if it will 100% fit. My dealer doesnt think it will?????

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a straight swap according to a few that tried. The mounting brackets are different and attach at different points. I can't remember if they are bolted or welded to the floor board.

Let us know what you find out. Maybe check both models at the dealer.

rahrens

Reaction score
I wouldn't think the power option would matter if you are going from power to no power. Just to be sure, you could unhook the connector on your current seats and see if it causes any problems or warning lights. I tried to do the opposite swap and go from bench to buckets. The interior I bought was from a Yukon XL and I have a Yukon. The brackets lined up correctly, but Suburbans and XL's have a flat floor. On Tahoes and Yukons the rear brackets are higher than the front so they don't mount properly and the angle of the seat would be off. Other than that, I don't see why they wouldn't work. The carpeted plastic panel that covers the brackets would be different for short or long vehicles also. If you want, I can measure the spacing of the brackets for my bench and see if they match your buckets.

APEX320

Reaction score
If you have time that would be great if not I can just go to the dealership and try get my salesman to do that also. Thanks for your input man!!

seanxtreme3000

Reaction score
i have a bud that will trade you and pay for shpping to send his and get yours. let me know

APEX320

Reaction score
i have a bud that will trade you and pay for shpping to send his and get yours. let me know

Thanks but no thanks, I can get the bench for $300.00. Ill just keep the buckets and sell them with the unit in a couple years.

tdusseau

Reaction score
Ok need help. I am looking to take out my captains seats and put in a bench.

Will the bench out of a '07 Sub work in a '07 tahoe.

convoyduel

Reaction score
I have not seen them side-by-side. The Tahoe metal seat bases are built for a stepped floor with a rise in the base of about 1.5" just ahead of the rear mounting holes. I suspect that is due to the frame accomodation for the rear axle. With the longer flat floor in the Suburban, it may not have a stepped bracket. Look at the base frame of the Suburban seat to see if it is flat or stepped..

rahrens

Reaction score
2nd row seats from a Suburban will not fit properly in a Tahoe. The Tahoe will cause the seats to be tilted forward since the rear mounts are higher than in the Suburban.

tdusseau

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I heard this might be the case but I really had no idea.

however, could a 1"(or what ever size is needed) metal spacer be put under the front mount points to level the seat out?

I guess the most important question is do the mount holes/bolts line up even with the step in the floor?

rahrens

Reaction score
You could certainly make the seats work, but making them look good would be a problem. The plastic carpet panels that cover the mounts probably wouldn't fit well. They are different for captains than the bench and between a Suburban and Tahoe. If you have the panels from the bench, they won't fit the Tahoe. I guess you could chop them up and put some kind of filler under them.

convoyduel

Reaction score
I wouldn't try and shoehorn the Suburban seats in. You'll end up with numerous problems on this, from having seats sit too high to having bad looking floor treatments. Those velcro'd floor panels only have maybe 1/2" of clearance tops. Also, I'm not sure how you would mount the forward mounts on blocks. The bolts are welded to the floor and the seats are held in with a nut. There are too many Tahoe seats that come up on eBay to futz with what you are talking about.

tdusseau

Reaction score
yeah actually got 10min to myself...(new baby) and went out and pulled the covers off and noted the rise and the one piece frame that bolts to the floor. Guess I will have to hit the road and drive to pick up the Tahoe seats.

thanks guys.

ps if anyone here is a diesel owner(chevy mainly) check out Dieselplace.com that is where I spend most my time ('07 2500HD). Found this site by accident. Well until next time.

Later!!!!