35,971 miles........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always a pensive moment when your bumper to bumper warranty is about to expire, and for me it will happen on the drive home tonight. "Did I make the right move not getting the extended warranty?":confused2: "Should I have taken it to the dealer after that one time when the wipers came on all by themselves?" :confused2: Too late! :) ....well, here goes nothin'.......

BTW, I have a big 1,200 mile run next week, so by the time I get back, 36,000 miles will be wayyy in the rear view mirror.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya man!!! But every cloud has a silver lining as the saying goes - you still have the remaining balance on the powertrain warranty.

goldenrod49

Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience that the extended warranty / service contract is a good idea. I always went with consumer reports saying it is a waste of money until my 02 Ram needed work. I know have it on everything and it has been used almost everytime, (Lincoln Nav, Dodge Chargerand my Samsung DLP). I'd rather waste $25 a month if it happens than pay who knows what.

sunkensub

Reaction score
i said no and 12 miles later...i was replacing my 42k motor
it had been a fleet vehicle ...i should have known

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have gone with the extended warranty except at over 30,000 per year, I'd chew it up in a little over a little over 2 years beyond the 3/36K.

I had to have a new injection pump put on my '02 Ram Cummins Turbodiesel 28,000 miles after the 100K powertrain warranty ran out. $3200 for that one.

Luis

Reaction score
When I bought my 08 Hoe I was offered a exten-waranty from GM for I think around $20 more a month. Made it bumper to bumper 5 years/100K miles... Figured I coulndt go wrong with that.