4 channel amp question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toolmankan

Reaction score
2001 tahoe. With onstar, without BOSE.
I'm about to install POLK components in the front doors.
For some reason I've never had sound out of the back doors(if anyone understands this issue, please advise...problem was prevelent when factory HU was installed too), but would like to replace factories with POLK there as well.
Main question: I also have the 3" or 3 1/2" (whatever the size) in the pillars in the cargo area. I know they are replaceable, but how would I wire a 4 channel amp to 3 pairs of speakers? Or do I need a different amp?
I understand how to hook it up, until I get to the speaker aspect. Do I power the "3's" on the same rear channel as the back door speakers and let them split the power?

Keymaster

Reaction score
I have done this before and have not had a problem at all. With the proper connectors you can tap into the speakers for the pillar without cutting them. I'm about to start digging in to mine here soon. The biggest task I have is making my connections from my JL amp to the factory speakers at the correct location under the dash. You should be able to do the same with the front pillars as well.

Good Luck