5.7l mode door actuator hvac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
i have a 99 tahoe rwd 5.7l my door mode acutuator isnt closing all the way and only moves and little bit side to side and doesnt close all the way so far i replaced the door mode actuator and control panel (unit) same problem consists

robbt

Reaction score
sounds to me like you have a blockage or broken door. with the actuator disconnected, move the door by hand to test. it may be broken or blocked.

[email protected]

Reaction score
No thats not the case i have it all taken apart and everything even with the motor disconnected completely, the gear only spins a little bit no where near enough to flip the door open or closed in this case

robbt

Reaction score
test the motor when pluged in but not connected to the door. check if it is cycling completely both directions. next I would check the motor, may have been assembled incorrectly. on Dorman parts the gear stop is built into the gear, on GM parts it is built into the housing. have to take apart the motor to see if the gear is in the correct possition. also verify you have the correct motor. there are three to pick. Dorman 604-116 is for the outside air control, -100 is for rear air control, -100 is for defrost and blend door. when installing the motor it should start off in the middle possition. there are marks on the housing.