50K maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am planning on taking my Tahoe in for 50,000 maintenance ( I have roughly 48500 miles on it but will be doing some long distance driving this next month) and was wondering in addition to my planning on having the fluids (Trans, Diff, Oil, Brake) replace is there anything else I should ask the mechanic to do?

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing from the silence that fluids are the only thing I should be concerned about...

tah0e02

Reaction score
from what i have read in other posts is that you do a full drain and filter change of the transmission and thats about it.... at 100k you add changing the spark plugs and do everything you did at 50k

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I don't remember the year of your truck, but check the cabin filter as well if it is an 02 model or below. Clean out the throttle body, check brake pads, lube chassis and steering components. Might as well rotate the tires also if you haven't recently.