8-Speaker of BOSE 9-Speaker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SangerZ28

Reaction score
8-Speaker or BOSE 9-Speaker?

Looking at the list of options before I order my Tahoe, I see the 9-Speaker BOSE as a $500 option. I'm not a huge stereo system guy, and I never plan to use up my rear storage area for subs, so I'm looking to see if the BOSE is worth the $500 upgrade over the standard 8-speaker system? I've seen some mixed reviews from past threads where some seem to enjoy it, while others just hate it. I know it will never compare to aftermarket, but if it's a good notch up, I may just order it. Fill me in guys! :)

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GET IT. its so much better than the stock one. more clear and rich sound. no sound distortion what so ever, in what i did find with the base one.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Bose, IMO well worth the extra coin. My Tahoe has the standard speakers and they are just "ok" by comparison. I drove a Tahoe loaner that had the Bose system and it was worlds better. I will be looking at switching out the speakers for some aftermarket ones in the future, just don't know what at the present.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock speakers suck. I plan on fully replacing mine at some point.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you plan to upgrade your system with aftermarket stuff, the stock system is much easier to use as a starting point. If you plan on keeping everything system as is, by all means add the Bose option.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you plan to upgrade your system with aftermarket stuff, the stock system is much easier to use as a starting point. If you plan on keeping everything system as is, by all means add the Bose option.

:iagree:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bose system and it sucks. Save your money and buy an aftermarket system.