99 Tahoe, 2 Door, 4WD - Front Lift Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dianne Skinner

Reaction score
I need to lift the front end of my 1999 Tahoe, 2 Door, 4 Wheel Drive by 2 to 3 inches. The front end is lower than the rear from the factory and I would like to correct this. I prefer the level look. I am concerned that the lift might change the caster in the front end or the angle of the drive shaft. Obviously, this is not a great problem, because I see a lot of great lookers on this forum, lifted real nice. I need some good recommendations, please. Thanks for the help.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can this be acheived with a torsion key adjustment, similar to the Yukon?
I think you can get 2-3"up and 2" down.
When I dropped the D, it was too low in front... Torsion bar adjustment brought it right to where I wanted it and then yeah, an alignment afterwards.

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
torsion adjustment will work. or buy a new set of keys for like $120 bucks and definately be able to adjust it. i'm thinking of buying some so i can have 11" total lift and possibly fit 40"s. should definately work to level it.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about these? theyre adjustable torsion keys. They were in Truckin a few months ago, but i didnt pay them much mind. UNTIL NOW~! :cool2:

Attachments

• camlocktorkey.jpg
    camlocktorkey.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 41

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using the exact maxx cam torsion key in that pic (red one). It works perfectly and wasn't to much money. You can get more than 3 inches of lift out of it but anything over three will put way to much stress on your control arms and you probably wont be able to align it properly. However if you do it yourself you need a torion bar stress relief tool to remove the old torsion bar key and then put the new one in.

Surfer27

Reaction score
whats your front camber

with that much lift it must put some serious positive camber on that front end

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, but you can always adjust the camber yourself. it's pretty easy. or bite the bullet and spend the 50 or so bucks and take it somewhere.

Surfer27

Reaction score
how do you adjust the camber, I'd love to know, I'd like to get my front wheels at zero degrees camber, right now I have some positive camber going on

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where your upper control arm connects to the frame, that is where you adjust it. it is two bolts with these huge spacer things on either side. thats it