99 tahoe consume way to much gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scorpio808

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the site. I got a 99 chevy Tahoe and it suks gas way to much. Tires are good, alignment is good. Anything else that you guys recommend to check out? I was thinking O2sensor or the carb.

Its suking up about 10-12 mile a gallon. and the gas price here is way to high.Does anyone know how much it suppose to consume?

any help will be great.

Thankx

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats about the same milage i get out of mine with the 6" lift and 35's w/ stock gears.

when it was sitting stock got around 14-16mpg.

(all mixed city/highway)

andrew83

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with Procomp, after my lift (9inch) and 36s, it was reduced significantally, however after getting lower gearing (run about 1800rpm at 65mph) and driving better I'm pushing around 12-14 :)

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait wait wait... unless someone has done a engine swap it won't be a carbed engine... it'll be fuel injected.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since its new, are you driving it hard? Like, fast off the line and bringing it up to speed quickly? cause that driving style hurt me for a while and I got 12-14 or so.
maybe you could try a fuel additive cleaner for one tank and see if that helps.