99 Tahoe Engie Swap Question??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I just got a 99 2D Tahoe Sport in decent condition with high miles and a blown engine. I am looking into finding another L31 for it but can't seem to find one without it being too much money ($1200-$2000). I found a LT1 out of a 96 buick complete with harness and computer. First Question, Since the L31 is considered the truck engine, is it a better engine for a work/daily driver then the LT1. Second question, how hard is the swap and since the engine's internals are completely different, will I have to change the harness or can I just swap out the computer with the computer from the LT1?? Thanks for all you guy help. I will post pics and you will see me build this truck up. I plan it to be my work/ play vehicle. And one last note, what is the differences between Sport,LS,LT?? And was the Z71 package possible to be added on to any of those models? still trying to figure out what exactly this tahoe is. Any idea where a option code sticker or plate would be on this truck??

Last edited:

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something else came to mind. Anything you guys can think of for me to do while the engine is out of the truck or anything to do to the engine before I drop it back in please let me know :)

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since noone wanted to give me any advice about computer mismatch I got the LT1 complete to swap into the truck so atleast it will be a running truck. I figure if I run into computer problems I have the harness and computer off the LT1

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Swap the computer. Everything is going to be different; fuel curve, ign timing, etc, mainly because of different intake/efi system.