99 Tahoe Headlamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know there are many of you here that can give me the correct answer.When my Headlamps are on LOW BEAM...........OUTSIDE BEAMS ONLY
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" HIGH BEAM..........INSIDE BEAMS ONLY.

Do I have a a filament burned out on the outside bulbs, I thought I was supposed to have all four lamps on high beam. Also how do I check my DRL's ? The green dash light is on in the run position until I turn on thr headlamps then it goes out. I can't find anything to help from the owners manual. Can someone with same tahoe let me know!!!!
david g.

tjsandog

Reaction score
I was wondering about that also. My DRL's are working, but checked my low and high beams yesterday and same as yours, low outside, high inside. My Tahoe is a OBS 2000, so same headlights as yours. I hope someone will enlighten us on this issue!

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know there are many of you here that can give me the correct answer.When my Headlamps are on LOW BEAM...........OUTSIDE BEAMS ONLY
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" HIGH BEAM..........INSIDE BEAMS ONLY.

Do I have a a filament burned out on the outside bulbs, I thought I was supposed to have all four lamps on high beam. Also how do I check my DRL's ? The green dash light is on in the run position until I turn on thr headlamps then it goes out. I can't find anything to help from the owners manual. Can someone with same tahoe let me know!!!!
david g.
:welcome: Now this goes for the both of you guys for all 95-06 tahoe's this is completely normal from the factory except the green DRL signal that is only on 95-00 OBS(old body style) tahoe's if u want all for lights to turn on when ONLY using the high beams you will have to do the 4Hi mod located here:
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45323

ALSO here is what it will look like after doing it: http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1963/3561/4906780080_medium.jpg
Good Luck And Again :welcome: to the forum!

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the first mods I made to mine...... All you need is a relay and a socket.....