99 Tahoe headlights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ Tahoe

Reaction score
Hello group! Just pick up a LT 2DR and noticed the headlights are diffrent then most. Why is this? Can they be changed? Here is the pic

403846_10151945864145431_2136556729_n.jpg

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick up a composite front clip..... (at least grill and light assemblies, IDK if you will need core support or anything), do you have pix of hood up and down at H/L assembly?

clkelley

Reaction score
The grill, headlight assemblies, etc should be interchangeable with most other GMT400 model trucks. Find the style you would like to have the then get the part numbers for that style and order them, they should be turn key plug and play so to speak.

AZ Tahoe

Reaction score
Ok thanks I found the grill and lights needed and it will run me $150 not bad. My concern is the headlights. I have the sealed beam single bulb style (H6054 low / high) and am switching to the split headlight which uses 2 bulbs for high and low (9006 low / 9005 high). I was woundering if anyone could give me a direction on takling that problem.

clkelley

Reaction score
You will have to upgrade the wiring harness for the new bulbs. I would find one with the style of lights you are upgrading to that is a wreck vehicle in a salvage yard and obtain the harness for the lights from it. It shouldn't cost too much as it is not exactly a common part to be used and they usually are stuck with the wiring like that.

If you want to go new with the wiring, contact a dealership first to get the right part #'s then look them up online for possible savings.

AZ Tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks, I can for sure get the wires at a junk yard but I still face the problem of taking my single plug hi and low and some how split it into 2 plugs one for high and one for low. Has anyone done this?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldnt be an issue, you need to work out which wire is ground, which is high, which is low, double the ground to your new leads and appropriate low/ high connection to each plug.