99 tahoe rear end question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keek007

Reaction score
new to chevys and am wondering about a bolt in rear end swap that has disk breaks for my 99 4 door. or can i swap the factory parts out for another model that had disk breaks, maybe snag some parts from the local yard or something. i plan to upgrade it later to a larger axle but right now im just trying to improve the horridly pathetic breaking system on this rig, the front pads are tiny and the rotors are a joke. its 600.00 for a wildwood upgrade but i would rather do the front with factory parts as well if i can. anyway any help would be great

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC I spent about $120 for a Pad/ Drilled-slotted rotor kit for my 98 Sierra (same front end), and after break in, it will make you take a bite out of the dash..... I also replaced the calipers at near the same time.....

rabbiporkchop

Reaction score
new to chevys and am wondering about a bolt in rear end swap that has disk breaks for my 99 4 door. or can i swap the factory parts out for another model that had disk breaks, maybe snag some parts from the local yard or something. i plan to upgrade it later to a larger axle but right now im just trying to improve the horridly pathetic breaking system on this rig, the front pads are tiny and the rotors are a joke. its 600.00 for a wildwood upgrade but i would rather do the front with factory parts as well if i can. anyway any help would be great

I used a 99 Ford E350 Dana 60 for my Tahoe.
DSCN5511_zpsjix40wfl.jpg

79 F250 front
DSCN5491_zps71aoxrsx.jpg