A cold draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason_Ridgeway

Reaction score
Im haveing a problem with my ac/heat/defrost ,Air seams to keep coming in even when the blower switch is off,anybody else had this problem?Any tips on how to fix this?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
When you're at speed on the highway, a low pressure area is created at the cowl area on the vehicle (this is how older cowl induction systems worked on musclecars). This low pressure area causes air to be forced into the vents and into the vehicle if the HVAC system is in the fresh air mode rather then recirc. So like Rollin Thunder stated, put the system in recirc mode and it should stop the air from coming in.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow JK I really didn't know that about how old cowl induction worked. Plus nice to see you again, haven't seen you post in wahile here. slumming alittle to the 99 down section :p :clapping: :clapping:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Wow JK I really didn't know that about how old cowl induction worked. Plus nice to see you again, haven't seen you post in wahile here. slumming alittle to the 99 down section :p :clapping: :clapping:

Yep... that's how old school cowl induction works. Not as effective as ram-air, but it works. I've actually been out of town for a few days and very busy lately since I've been back.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I help busy in a good way. good to see you. I hardly make myway up to the newer threads cause I just love the 2d....hehe