Abnormal Yukon Denali Seat Heater Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjsche4

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Yukon Denali and the drivers seat heater doesnt work but he switch light stays on. I have read a ton of information about this but everyone else that seems to have this problem says the switch light goes on for a few seconds then goes off. My problem is different because the memory/heated seat switch light works fine and stays on if i press it but i dont get any heat on the seat. The memory function works on the switch as well. Im wondering if its most likely something wrong with the switch since the light stays on? Probably not a fuse or a short or the heating element right? Please help!! I really dont want to order a new switch and then it ends up being the seat element or vice versa. Is there any way i can test the switch? Thank you for your help!

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Yukon Denali and the drivers seat heater doesnt work but he switch light stays on. I have read a ton of information about this but everyone else that seems to have this problem says the switch light goes on for a few seconds then goes off. My problem is different because the memory/heated seat switch light works fine and stays on if i press it but i dont get any heat on the seat. The memory function works on the switch as well. Im wondering if its most likely something wrong with the switch since the light stays on? Probably not a fuse or a short or the heating element right? Please help!! I really dont want to order a new switch and then it ends up being the seat element or vice versa. Is there any way i can test the switch? Thank you for your help!

Im having the same problem with my truck,same exact! still not sure what the fix is Im leaning toward it has to get reprogrammed by the dealer Tech2 ,Im going to try this soon!